amuck-landowner

Dual Xeon L5420 (8 Cores at 2.5 GHz) - 24GB RAM - 4x 1TB HDD Dell Server

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I'm confused :/
Sorry about that.  A mass PM was sent out to all individuals involved in this thread.  

The PM was:

Hello,

You are currently receiving this PM because you have placed a bid on the hardware in this thread: http://vpsboard.com/topic/2557-dual-xeon-l5420-8-cores-at-25-ghz-24gb-ram-4x-1tb-hdd-dell-server

I apologize, it seems I wasn't able to fully communicate the whole picture.

While I was setting everything up I seem to have mistaken the importance of the comparison/importance of the 2.5" hard drives and the 3.5" hard drives.  This has caused issues with several other individuals who have currently placed a bid and many have retracted their bids.  

As the edits stated there are two WD1002FBYS hard drives and two 2.5 1TB Hard drives currently in the server.  My assumption is that one of the 2.5" hard drives are having an issue working with software raid.  Much more attempt at obtaining detail (spending time to obtain such detail) was not spent.  Therefore, this is why I stated that I feel that one of the hard drives are failing but I haven't spent much time into figuring out/finalizing/fully understanding specifically where the issue was, therefore placed the "haven't investigated it really" claim (because it was true).  

I'm currently in the process of finding out specifically what model the 2.5" hard drives are (waiting for the remote support to setup a KVMoIP), but because these questions were asked two hours before the bidding period is over and depending on Dacentec's support reaction time, (the on-board IPMI isn't hooked up to minimize the cost of colocation) I am afraid I can't specify which 2.5" hard drives they were.  

To add detail to the current situation, the 2.5" Hard drives are mounted with a 2.5" to 3.5" converter (all remote hand's job since I never physically saw the server).  To my understanding and from what I was informed it would be fine, but more detail wouldn't hurt.  

If you wish to retract your bid then I understand and am terribly sorry that I wasn't able to provide the proper details.  It wasn't my intention to mislead or cause any issues with anyone but more-over to sell this moderately used hardware at a cheap price for someone else to use.  

This message has been sent to all individuals who have currently placed a bid on the server.  To remedy this, I'm allowing each individual who bid the option of retracting their bid.  If they have bid several times and wish to continue, then the lowest-highest bid will be accepted.  By this I mean if you bid twice (one right after another) and the individual in the middle has decided to retract their bid, then the lower value will be accepted.  

Again, I apologize for this mix-up and take full responsibility for my own screw-up.  However you wish to proceed with this please let me know.

Thanks,

-Don

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Update: It seems there are four WD hard drives in it instead of two I originally though.  (4x 3.5" Hard drives)

Screenshot attached:

Oys9oDY.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
This auction is now closed. Thanks to everyone who sent in a bid.

Due to the circumstances of what's happened I'm going to wait until everyone who was already involved/sent in a bid can respond to my PM. If no response is received in a day then I'll assume the bid has been retracted.

amuck-landowner