amuck-landowner

East coast or central US KVM with native IPv6 needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I need to deploy a new external monitoring node so here are the minimum requirements:

256MB of RAM

20GB Disk Space

2 CPU Cores

100GB Bandwidth

1 IPv4 Address

1 native IPv6 Address

Cogent and Level3 connectivity

>99.9% Uptime

Not in FL or CO

Hoping to spend less than $10/month but would prefer a good yearly price if possible.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Cogent and Level3 are preferred but I guess it's not a deal breaker if the latency is under 50ms to the servers it is monitoring.

Enterprisevpssolutions

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Global Crossing, Time warner, LVL 3, GTT and Cogent are the providers our datacenter uses. Also I know they are setting up new peering with other providers to increase the amount of routes they have. 

Normal $24.95 this month $9.68 / monthly use this promo code HE4OX6S8FI2IQJ7S

Direct link

2 CPUS: 2.27GHZ

Dedicated Ram: 2048M

Secure Storage: 50G

IP Address 1 ipv4 & ipv6

Free VNC console access from client portal: 

Unlimited Bandwidth on a rated port: 10M "upgradable" 100M for $6.00

Located Tampa, Fl

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Not a whole lot to pick from.  Front Range may or may not have something in Atlanta. RamNode does KVM in Atlanta.

NinjaHawk has KVM in NYC and elsewhere.  Catalyst offers in Dallas, unsure of upstreams.

Results from our new search

mitgib

Verified Provider
I need to deploy a new external monitoring node so here are the minimum requirements:

256MB of RAM

20GB Disk Space

2 CPU Cores

100GB Bandwidth

1 IPv4 Address

1 native IPv6 Address

Cogent and Level3 connectivity

>99.9% Uptime

Not in FL or CO

Hoping to spend less than $10/month but would prefer a good yearly price if possible.
I'll make you a package, but don't you already have a monitor node with me in Charlotte?

KuJoe

Verified Provider
don't you already have a monitor node with me in Charlotte?
Yes and I would much rather stick with that VPS since it's already configured and running, unfortunately when I installed Observium on it yesterday the load on it jumps up to 40+ and stops responding until I reboot it via SolusVM. I'm assuming it's the CPU since the IO seems normal and RAM usage is less than 100MB.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Not a whole lot to pick from. Front Range may or may not have something in Atlanta. RamNode does KVM in Atlanta.

NinjaHawk has KVM in NYC and elsewhere. Catalyst offers in Dallas, unsure of upstreams.

Results from our new search
Our nyc kvm is not available yet for public. Launch date on the 25th. No native v6, tunelled <1ms latency

mitgib

Verified Provider
Yes and I would much rather stick with that VPS since it's already configured and running, unfortunately when I installed Observium on it yesterday the load on it jumps up to 40+ and stops responding until I reboot it via SolusVM. I'm assuming it's the CPU since the IO seems normal and RAM usage is less than 100MB.
I enabled another CPU core, reboot from solus and see if it helps

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Thanks Tim you rock! With the extra core the processes finish in 113 seconds and no reboot required. This thread can be closed now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner