amuck-landowner

Email services - your opinion?

wlanboy

Content Contributer
How do you recommend handling redundancy in hosting your own email?
Backup MX should care about the "what happens if someone is sending me something and my mail server is down".

Everything else is handled by a daily backup.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Isn't that a terrible way to reason...what does it matter if you have nothing to hide?

A terrible example using such reasoning as yours would be to say something along the lines of ‘okay, you might be convicted of paedophilia, but you can babysit my children, just don't molest them.’ Ya, a terrible example, but it is the same sort of reasoning.

The point is no government should spy on it’s citizens. What this means is that the government does not trust you. It is all reminiscent of NKVD methods. But I am sure that if you didn't have anything to hide, you weren't sent to their Lubyanka den, for a bit of 'interrogation'.

Oh well, nothing personal. I just find it strange, and always hated surveillance - especially when I as an non-American can even be the victim of it.

Regards,

-k0nsl

Run your own server or signup for email service somewhere. My thoughts are what does it matter if you have nothing to hide? Most broadband providers are subjected to CALEA anyway so not a big deal. Keep it clean and you have nothing to worry about.

amuck-landowner