amuck-landowner

Exchange Server Proxy?

Munzy

I am looking for a proxy server application for Exchange mail. Any ideas how this is possible?

Also any good exchange server applications out there also? That might work as well as I have POP / IMAP access.

Mun

Edit: I would like this to work on debian, if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmlhhd

Verified Provider
Do you want this to access Exchange mail from outside a network or do you want to proxy your Exchange mail though another network?

Munzy

I want to take either an existing Exchange server, or POP3/ IMAP and reroute the request through one of my own servers.

fixidixi

well i still dont understand why would you do that, and what exactly you would like to achieve:

you can even use nginx as a reverse proxy for Exchange or simply haproxy..

Munzy

Im trying I guess to prevent my phone from being wiped by the company I work for, since it is my own personal phone.

Is there any Exchange server appliances that I can use with pop3/imap?

raj

Since that's what I did to get around using the built in exchange client that requires me to give the company access to wipe

Wintereise

The company is supposed to have access to wipe what is essentially their data off your systems in the event of you being fired.

Having a valid reason to justify not complying with policies you probably agreed with in your employment contract is fairly hard...

That and your company will probably not like it when/if they ever learn of it, this is a case of serious policy violation in any company that has a competent IT team.

amhoab

If you have IMAP access to Exchange, why don't you use that?

If I misunderstood and you don't, you can use DavMail.  I've used it plenty in the past, and it works pretty well.  It translates IMAP/POP/SMTP to EWS (the Exchange SOAP API) and works as a proxy.

Munzy

The company is supposed to have access to wipe what is essentially their data off your systems in the event of you being fired.

Having a valid reason to justify not complying with policies you probably agreed with in your employment contract is fairly hard...

That and your company will probably not like it when/if they ever learn of it, this is a case of serious policy violation in any company that has a competent IT team.
Company I work for has no private or security intensive data being sent to me. 

amuck-landowner