amuck-landowner

External Email

Mike

Verified Provider
Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm looking for a service where I can host email externally rather than locally on my server.

What do you use?  Looking for incoming and outgoing, mainly used with WHMCS.

Thanks!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Welcome to the email party. We are growing in numbers.

I use outsourced Cpanel hosts for now.

We really need a current howto for a reasonable email host-your-own solution.

perennate

Verified Provider
Can you explain why you don't want to host your email locally? Then can better find a solution that fits your needs.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
This could be with several different services.  For out-going mail we use Mandrill but for in-coming you can use other cPanel hosts (like what buffalooed does) or you could do any of the following:

- If you don't mind the "big brother/big sister" thing then you can always use Outlook.com's free domain e-mail services (or purchase Google's services for it). 

- There's also something like Rackspace's e-mail services (never used it but I hear people dislike it)

- Get a server to host your e-mail services and configure it yourself

I wonder why E-mail is such a hot topic right now.  

Mike

Verified Provider
I want to host email externally so I can turn off exim and relevant services to further optimize the server.

I already use Rage4 for DNS so named has been shut off.

Mike

Verified Provider
We're looking for premium services like GoogleApps, Zoho, Office365 etc.  Mainly trying to find out who or what is best to use.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
> A VPS will be fine for your needs.

--- given the OP knows how to do all his/her installs and perfect their DIY rolled mail solution. Most folks, even technically gifted have bailed on the mess and complication email hosting has become, and it isn't because of proliferation of free Gmail-like service either. It's blacklists, reverse DNS, new fangled "security" measures, 24/7 babysitting.

Leyton

Verified Provider
We offer both reasonably priced hosted Exchange based in the UK. Fully PCI compliant and DDOS resistant. But, if you want a lower priced option, we're about to launch our budget hosted email service publically, but I'm sure we could push forward the release for a couple of early users.

Both are billed by account, and the most stable and secure option is clearly the Exchange hosting.

Feel free to drop me a PM or email if you're interested.

- Leyton

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
if you want a lower priced option, we're about to launch our budget hosted email service publically, but I'm sure we could push forward the release for a couple of early users.
Sure, the OP is interested, I am interested and likely others.  Tell us more.   The market here needs more options.  Advertising mode for this welcomed :) Post away mate!

Leyton

Verified Provider
Sure, the OP is interested, I am interested and likely others.  Tell us more.   The market here needs more options.  Advertising mode for this welcomed :) Post away mate!
Currently we offer a highly stable UK clustered hosted MS Exchange solution, with a 100% financially backed uptime guarantee. These start at £6.60/acc/mo for the 25GB option. For £2.00/mo extra, we will throw in a license of MS Office Outlook 2012. This also comes with a free migration service.

We plan to release a similar clustered system on more of a budget focus. Here you will be able to take advantage of the online control panel we use to manage MS Exchange, so you're in total control of your data. We have configured this system to run a 7 day per-account rolling backup, which you can download at any time. 

Our budget option is currently planned to be released in "bundle" form, with 10GB per account (upgradable).

• 5 accounts :: £6.50/mo
  • 10 accounts :: £11.50/mo
  • 20 accounts :: £19.00/mo
Clearly, I can quote on a per-requirement basis as well if you drop me a PM or email. Prices are inclusive of VAT.

- Leyton

Nyr

Currently we offer a highly stable UK clustered hosted MS Exchange solution, with a 100% financially backed uptime guarantee. These start at £6.60/acc/mo for the 25GB option. For £2.00/mo extra, we will throw in a license of MS Office Outlook 2012. This also comes with a free migration service.

We plan to release a similar clustered system on more of a budget focus. Here you will be able to take advantage of the online control panel we use to manage MS Exchange, so you're in total control of your data. We have configured this system to run a 7 day per-account rolling backup, which you can download at any time. 

Our budget option is currently planned to be released in "bundle" form, with 10GB per account (upgradable).

• 5 accounts :: £6.50/mo
  • 10 accounts :: £11.50/mo
  • 20 accounts :: £19.00/mo
Clearly, I can quote on a per-requirement basis as well if you drop me a PM or email. Prices are inclusive of VAT.

- Leyton
Hm, that budget pricing is interesting.

Are individual budget accounts possible? Is IMAP available too? I would be really interested in that, but I don't need multiple accounts at the moment.

Leyton

Verified Provider
Hm, that budget pricing is interesting.

Are individual budget accounts possible? Is IMAP available too? I would be really interested in that, but I don't need multiple accounts at the moment.
Realistically to make the pricing "fit" at a rate where things like PayPal fee's don't eat into it to make it a loss-leader, we need to charge for multiple accounts monthly.

I could probably work something out on <5 accounts on an annual renewal to avoid the issue, if you're interested. Say, £12.50/yr/account @10GB.

All options have SMTP/IMAP/POP3/WebMail available, the MS Exchange also has the ActiveSync pushmail option.

Nyr

Realistically to make the pricing "fit" at a rate where things like PayPal fee's don't eat into it to make it a loss-leader, we need to charge for multiple accounts monthly.

I could probably work something out on <5 accounts on an annual renewal to avoid the issue, if you're interested. Say, £12.50/yr/account @10GB.

All options have SMTP/IMAP/POP3/WebMail available, the MS Exchange also has the ActiveSync pushmail option.
I was really interested in this offer, but looks like your website is totally broken and your previous company didn't end very well...

That sucks, because I really want a reliable Exchange provider and the pricing was really interesting, but I need someone I can trust 100% for email.

Thank you for the good offer anyway :)

Leyton

Verified Provider
I was really interested in this offer, but looks like your website is totally broken and your previous company didn't end very well...

That sucks, because I really want a reliable Exchange provider and the pricing was really interesting, but I need someone I can trust 100% for email.

Thank you for the good offer anyway :)
Unless there is something I'm missing, I can see our website is working fine. It's in the process of an update anyway. But, I appreciate your feedback, and wish you luck in finding a provider for your email.

The only other note I forgot to add is that all solutions quoted above do come with a 30-day refund guarantee.

- Leyton

Nyr

Unless there is something I'm missing, I can see our website is working fine. Its in the process of an update anyway. But, I appreciate your feedback, and wish you luck in finding a provider for your email.

The only other note I forgot to add is that all solutions quoted above do come with a 30-day refund guarantee.

- Leyton
Links to the products are not working and there were some placeholders, didn't know you were redoing the site, it explains that.

I think that your hosted exchange packages are really competitive, I wish you the best luck too with this new venture :)

amuck-landowner