Extremely Fast WordPress with Redis Cache

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Guides' started by ElliotJ, May 24, 2013.

1. Abdussamad

Abdussamad New Member

May 17, 2013
  2. acd

acd New Member

May 16, 2013
    To speak nothing of loading up a php-fpm thread, parsing a minimum of 3300 lines of php code before passing the result back. I don't believe php does any code caching normally so that's a full parse each time (this is where APC/Xcache/Opcache/Ioncube come in). As opposed to a hash check on the url and a light disk hit to fetch the pregenerated file that's probably still in an OS ram cache. fastcgi_cache is pretty much guaranteed to win...

3. jcaleb

jcaleb New Member

May 15, 2013
    is it APC is just caching the php code so that execution is faster? 

4. acd

acd New Member

May 16, 2013
    No, but that's how I use it; I've never needed the variable/data caching feature. Code caching does provided a reasonable speedup for certain kinds of pages.

5. turfhosting

turfhosting New Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Would it be possible to install this on a main shared/reselled server and only activate it on certain domains that use Wordpress?

6. acd

acd New Member

May 16, 2013
    If you want to install a cache mechanism at the provider level, please consider the slightly more complicated, but significantly better performing other guide using fastcgi_cache. It is very easy to enable and disable fcgi cache for particular domains or even directories with that guide without needing to modify wordpress' code.

http://vpsboard.com/topic/108-nginx-wordpress-with-caching/

7. Everlind

Everlind New Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Hello eva2000,

you didn't try the best way to integrate Redis Cache with WordPress. There are three solutions to make this, that of Jim Westergreen is not the faster. Please, when you have free time, try that of Benjamin Adams.

Link: https://github.com/BenjaminAdams/wp-redis-cache

With it, using Nginx + fastcgi cache + Redis Cache + Zend Opcache, my WordPress site (about 700kb), load below 250ms.

Have you a nice day  ;)

8. eva2000

eva2000 Active Member

May 22, 2013
    interesting but if you have fastcgi_cache enabled i think that is what is giving you the speed not redis. Try redis without fastcgi_cache

9. k0nsl

k0nsl Bad Goy

Dec 15, 2013
    Link to your WordPress site, if you don't mind?  ;)

10. brent

brent New Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Yeah link please, Everlind.

11. fahadrafiq

fahadrafiq New Member

Aug 26, 2015
    There are many advance caching systems available that can be used to speed up WordPress. 
    Redis has a caching mechanism that can be used to speed up object cache of WordPress thus improving database queries. 
    Integrating it with WordPress is easy, follow this tutorial for a quick guide: Redis Cache with WordPress

Cloudways make a combination of Redis + Apache + Nginx