amuck-landowner

Ferguson - No Indictment

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Hopefully won't get too violent.

I don't think the officer should be indicted for protecting himself. Regardless of skin color, approaching an officer in a violent manner will never end well for you. Though it's important to remember, there is no winner here. It's not like the officer can just go home and watch TV and relax. He's going to have to move, change jobs. He's always going to have a target on his back from those who disagree with the evidence.

Not a good situation at all but I believe the right decision was made.

Steven F

Verified Provider
Hopefully won't get too violent.

I don't think the officer should be indicted for protecting himself. Regardless of skin color, approaching an officer in a violent manner will never end well for you. Though it's important to remember, there is no winner here. It's not like the officer can just go home and watch TV and relax. He's going to have to move, change jobs. He's always going to have a target on his back from those who disagree with the evidence.

Not a good situation at all but I believe the right decision was made.
They just started chanting "murderers". People are very, very emotional. This is going to be an ugly night, realistically.

Edit:

I believe the guy with the camera just said this (it may have been someone else): "we've got an agitator over here. I bet the police sent him."

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yeah, I do fully expect there to be planted agitators in the crowd. The media certainly wants there to be violence. I'm listening to the scanner now and sounds like there have been shots fired already.

Steven F

Verified Provider
Yeah, I do fully expect there to be planted agitators in the crowd. The media certainly wants there to be violence. I'm listening to the scanner now and sounds like there have been shots fired already.
I turned off the scanner. From what I heard, it was by a wooded area, so not necessarily riot related.

Edit:

Live feed above just went out

Edit2:

Feed is back. I checked out the other feeds, though, and this one is really tame in comparison.

"Five shots fired" was just said by the cameraman, though it looks calm.

Edit3:

Just looked back and they're marching. No idea why or to where.

Steven F

Verified Provider
An officer is taking fire and has requested tactical support.

Edit:

Rocks being thrown at police. Tactical support requested.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I think the announcement was released at the time it was because curfew will soon be in effect? As such, they'll be trying to get people to go home.

Steven F

Verified Provider
Looting being stopped by citizens.

Edit:

Selectively, that should be said. They're stopping from certain stores, it seems. However, no looting has started (that I can see), they're specifically protecting certain stores and not others.

Edit2:

"This is not looting, it's vandalism" Rock thrown at Quiznos, smashes window.

Edit3:

Looks like police have arrived at scene of vandalism.

Steven F

Verified Provider
Protestors are not being ordered to disperse.

Edit:

I believe I misunderstood. They're being ordered out of the streets (onto the sidewalks).

Edit2:

Quite a few looting reports on the police feed.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So, it's been an hour? Lots of reports of shots fired, bricks at cop cars, looting a Dollar Store (Why a Dollar Store?), etc.

Peaceful protesters certainly started off peacefully.

Steven F

Verified Provider
So, it's been an hour? Lots of reports of shots fired, bricks at cop cars, looting a Dollar Store (Why a Dollar Store?), etc.

Peaceful protesters certainly started off peacefully.
People getting back onto the streets en masse. It was peaceful for like 5 minutes, before they began throwing things at cops.

Shooting rubber bullets (according to camera man).

Steven F

Verified Provider
The police are now shooting tear gas off into what is supposedly a residential neighborhood (no reason that I know of, no verification of area).

Steven F

Verified Provider
I guess throwing poop is non-racist and cultivated in your view? ;)
In what way would throwing poop be racist? Where did I say it was cultivated?

Calling people monkeys, on the other hand, is both racist and uncultured.

amuck-landowner