amuck-landowner

FiOS customer discovers the limits of

A Jump From Let

If you went that high then you are probably flying alone or with just few others, so I'd imagine you are under their eyes in any look ups they do for ensuring service quality.

bizzard

77TB? With my connection at Home or even at office, it might take more than a lifetime to achieve that. The highest speed available for normal home connections here is around 8Mbps, with a bandwidth cap around 50GB and 512Kbps after that.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
No matter how hard I try I cannot do less than 300GB per month. I've turned off servers and NASs, throttled services, and got rid of any always-on desktops but I can't do less than 10GB/day. :(

ElliotJ

Verified Provider
Crap, and I thought I downloaded a lot.

2dT8c34.png

I have had letters, but nothing threatening to disconnect me.

nunim

VPS Junkie
I used to get letters from Bellsouth when I used more then 3 TB on DSL, course that was back in like 2005, I had businesses then downgraded to res and then back to business...Since I've switched to U-Verse they haven't bitched, even with the new supposed b/w monitoring, but I'm not a bandwidth whore like I used to be...  I can only imagine if Verizion was in the S. FL area.. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Chronic

I was drooling all over the keyboard by the time I finished the first paragraph. My lousy, overpriced 20/1Mbps makes me feel like I'm in the stone age after reading about the offers Verizon has.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilbo

I dunno if I would want a rack of servers in my house.  It would be fun,  but all my money would go into upgrading hardware.

InertiaNetworks-John

Inertia Networks, LLC
Verified Provider
I dunno if I would want a rack of servers in my house.  It would be fun,  but all my money would go into upgrading hardware.
And power! I used to have 2 servers from work sitting in my house as test servers, and they took up quite a bit!

LusoVPS

Verified Provider
77TB is quite a lot traffic. I would say that my total bandwidth usage (considering every place that I logon) would sum up to around 200GB.

Regards

amuck-landowner