amuck-landowner

Former GreenValueHost customer mucked up in religious parody host HostNun

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What would you like the title to be @GVH-Jon?

I feel for you.   These crazy clients (or former in this instance).

But I did note you would be thrilled to have them back as a client (LET comment).

Last edited by a moderator:

GVH-Jon

Banned
But I did note you would be thrilled to have them back as a client (LET comment).
Well, not anymore really. I posted that comment before I actually knew what was going on, I just thought that they were just like your normal everyday reseller client and didn't really look into things like you did.

I really appreciate you changing the thread title though, thanks :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh glad to help if you didn't already realize who/what was behind that customer.   There's always more :)

I give you lots of props though @GVH-Jon.   You aren't afraid to admit to your errors.   That's rare up around the Buffalo cluster.

Hoping that honesty rubs off on others up there.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Whois info on hostnun.net leads to a Matt fellow who is an "artist".
Leonardo spent some time painting at the Vatican, Matt spends his time painting at the Abbey, So what? How does that affect the customers?

The important thing is that Mother Superior Laura Paskevich (or is it Paskewitz) knows her sh*t when it comes to cloud powered servers with SSD RAID10 arrays.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Leonardo spent some time painting at the Vatican, Matt spends his time painting at the Abbey, So what? How does that affect the customers?

The important thing is that Mother Superior Laura Paskevich (or is it Paskewitz) knows her sh*t when it comes to cloud powered servers with SSD RAID10 arrays.
It all makes fucking sense now! Who else would know how the clouds work than nuns?!

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
If I Remember, it's powered by prayers. You know what that means! It's Green!
please don't let the SAN crash

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Our server, thou rests in racksens. Halo'ed be your game. Your data come, thy spam will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily drama, and forgive our crashes, as we also have forgiven our crashers. And lead us not into Colocrossing, Lord, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power, the OpenVZ, for ever and ever. Ramen

yolo

E-Mail from HostNun

Code:
A couple of notes from our provider so far:

5:27 PM CST
===============================================================
Hello,

We regret to inform you that the server your account is currently hosted on is currently under a large sized DDOS attack.

The attack is currently targetting a single IP address on the server which we are currently in the process of null-routing.

During this event, the CPU and memory load has spiked high enough to cause the server to respond extremely slowly. This may cause your sites to respond slowly or appear to be offline.

Our team is working on getting the attack alleviated and will be redirecting it via a proxy to a DDOS protected layer once the IP has been null-routed sucessfully.

Please know that your data is safe and this attack has not caused any damage on the servers itself.

We apologize deeply for the inconveniences caused by this event.

We have already located the customer that the attack was targeted against and will be moving the account/domains to a private node. This will help direct the majority of the attack as to take the load off the current server.

Another update will be provided within the hour as we expect the attack to be fully routed to our DDOS protected layer by then.

Again, we are terribly sorry for this. We appreciate your understanding.

6:37 PM CST
This is an update on the DDOS situation on our server.

We have been able to mitigate 70% of the DDOS attack. We're now working on stabailizing the server's CPU and memory load.

Our team is also continuously working on mitigating the rest of the DDOS via our DDOS protection appliances.

Once the server has been restored to a stable state we will issue a reboot that will take 5 - 10 minutes. This is to clear the server's memory cache since it has taken a fairly large hit due to this attack and can cause issues in the future if not cleared via a thorough reboot.

We will provide another update once we have restored services back to it's normal state.

Again, we apologize deeply for this inconvenience. We will be sending out a notice in regards to a future planned maintenance where we will be placing our cloud under a stronger and more reliable DDOS mitigation service in order to reduce the affect of a large scale attack on any of our cloud servers in the future. More info will be shared about this in the next update.

We appreciate your continued patience and understanding while we sort this out.

So hopefully we'll be up and running again soon. If you're looking for some kind of recompense please don't be afraid to ask.

Regards,
Host Nun

Epidrive

Verified Provider
Our server, thou rests in racksens. Halo'ed be your game. Your data come, thy spam will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily drama, and forgive our crashes, as we also have forgiven our crashers. And lead us not into Colocrossing, Lord, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power, the OpenVZ, for ever and ever. Ramen
The ramen part though, hahahaha made my day

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Who was 'drmike' and what had motivated him to create this thread?

Was the implication that Host Nun is part of the ColoCrossing Lizard Men Illuminati Inner Circle? (We aren't...)

Was it a failed attempt at a clumsily written satire of an unwitting self-parody of all of the usual deranged internet detective clichés consolidated into a single kosher dill pastiche?

Bless you!

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Dudes making fun of the church, the industry, belief system, etc. Oy vey!

Are you an artist?  You should be.  Claim so.  It's parody art.  Protected speech. In that light it's entertainment.

People buying it though, as in purchasing from that schtick, strange.

I cleared you to fly from the coop, but before I posted about HostNun you already fled the cuckoos nest. 

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
It's a creative front PR/awareness gimmick for someone. Street address again is a Toronto incorporation mill / post office box. Same address is used by other notable scammers as well as some legit companies. So....  Funny little thing found about hostnun.net Is this typical?   "Uninvolved" host with their info on WHMCS license for a "client"? They had LET offer/post other day about free services from any other LET host... Strange offer / promo. We need a database for stuff like this. Ahh that video, some young bimbo. Sister Cherry? So doesn't WHMCS DISALLOW buying a license from one provider and then hosting it elsewhere? Appears that Hostnun doesn't check out for a *current* WHMCS license. Glad to see HostNun was shown the door. I should clarify, Hostnun checks with the WHMCS license checker and details unavailable. Their schtick and insane digs at religion make we want to throw my hand in a blender. Someone should have left this as an art project / parody. I feel for you.   These crazy clients (or former in this instance). But I did note you would be thrilled to have them back as a client (LET comment). Oh glad to help if you didn't already realize who/what was behind that customer.   There's always more  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner