amuck-landowner

FraudRecord is at it again

Joshua-Epic

Verified Provider
Hey everyone,

Anyone else get bombarded with spam emails from Fraud Record for Psychz Networks just a little bit ago? I received 4 emails and all stating:

"You've received this message because you've registered with FraudRecord and accepted to receive e-mail from our sponsors.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, you may unsubscribe here:
http://www.fraudrecord.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=notification"
Even though on Fraud Record, if you look at the notifications page, it clearly only states "Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email" and not sponsor emails. I dont personally want to report the email for spam, but I am sure someone else will. 

Joshua-Epic

Verified Provider
Which I understand that, every one has to make ends meet, but atleast request permission before sending out our emails to some provider. In most cases, I just won't buy from a place that mass mails spam around. 

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Here's a quote from December when @harzem lied through his teeth and said no more unsolicited emails would be sent.

As for the "emailing practices involved", this was a single e-mail which will be the last according to Harzem. If he does send another e-mail then there's something to discuss but so far Harzem hasn't given me any reason to distrust him.

WSWD

Verified Provider
Got them as well.  Didn't he say this wasn't going to happen anymore?

PortCTL

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to fraudrecord.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

TierNet

Verified Provider
Same here.. even we have been receiving emails from FraudRecord about Psychz Networks.

weloveservers

Verified Provider
Hey everyone,

Anyone else get bombarded with spam emails from Fraud Record for Psychz Networks just a little bit ago? I received 4 emails and all stating:

"You've received this message because you've registered with FraudRecord and accepted to receive e-mail from our sponsors.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, you may unsubscribe here:
http://www.fraudrecord.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=notification"
Even though on Fraud Record, if you look at the notifications page, it clearly only states "Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email" and not sponsor emails. I dont personally want to report the email for spam, but I am sure someone else will. 
I do not believe so. FraudRecord has been pretty good at keeping the fraudulent clients out for us.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
This is an old(ish) thread... I don't recall anything has been sent since the February sending. I'm hoping Harzem finds a way to continue the project without needing to send out unsolicited emails.

vpsBoard recently has become a FraudRecord supporter and advertiser, it's a great project and deserves funding since it's such a great resource but hopefully this can be done in less intrusive means. :)

amuck-landowner