amuck-landowner

FREE domain (for WHMCS license holders)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
WHMCS is running a free domain promo.  If you are a currently licensed WHMCS license holder, head over here and collect yourself a free .host domain.

http://whmcs.host/

Pricing now for future years is $49~.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Expensive renewal indeed, and will probably be mainly used by spammy kiddy hosts anyway. Say what you want, but .com and .net are still king and just look better from a consumer's standpoint.

NodeBlade

Verified Provider
just look better from a consumer's standpoint

That's exactly my thoughts; I don't think consumers really care about the providers tld, as long as they get the product. 

On a side note, it looks like this tld is $70+ plus with other registrars :/

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Expensive renewal indeed, and will probably be mainly used by spammy kiddy hosts anyway. Say what you want, but .com and .net are still king and just look better from a consumer's standpoint.

How I see things and have, however alt domains are really gaining traction.  .com domains have gone way up in price.  I remember like $6.50 a year, years back, now common registrars are cranked up past $14.

Alt domains burn my bridge with their premium pricing for key domain names and short ones.

Something different and free can't be beat.  Try it and if flops, meh, don't renew.

SkyNetHosting

Hello.

Does that auto renew on the 2nd year? Anyhow its looks like a bad idea as anyone can register a good .host domain just because its free and drop after 1 year.

UltratechHost

Verified Provider
I don't think that for a business company any tld matter unless they provide good service and support

graeme

Say what you want, but .com and .net are still king and just look better from a consumer's standpoint.

I  have a .info, which I use because it sounds better than the matching .com (which I also own, and which redirects to the .info). I have to have the .com because some people assume it is a .com. One guy first repeated it as [name].com, and when we corrected him, repeated it as [name].info.com

amuck-landowner