amuck-landowner

Free Domain .nu for 1 Year

sv01

Slow but sure
Sorry for another thread, but maybe this interesting for few people :).

look at screenshot below

AaJZDfI.png

I just register that domain while writing posting here. Register at directregister.com. Domain active in few minute. The cheapest price I found for renewing is $25.67 from namecheap

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
You can register it, but it seems you can't immediately change NS records to actually use it apart from their free website/hosting plan. From their FAQ:

G5GeVgN.png

I've submitted a ticket to enable this feature, we'll see what I get.

Last edited by a moderator:

BK_

Their TOS gave me a good laugh.

6.4 The Customer is required to log out according to the procedure detailed in the Manual every time the Customer wants to end the DIRECTREGISTER Services. Any damages or costs incurred as a result of logging out improperly shall be covered by the Customer.
For the love of all things human, could someone please explain to me how you log out?

6.9 The Customer shall provide the necessary hardware, software, peripheral equipment and connection to enable access to the System.
Help! My keyboard cord won't reach the System from my desk.

8.3 The total liability of DIRECTREGISTER for damages due to death or bodily harm or for damage to equipment shall not under any circumstances exceed €150.00 per event, where a series of related events shall be considered a single event.
...among other odd ones.

:)

Anyways, back on topic... Thanks for sharing!

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Still haven't heard back from them on that one. Either support isn't very fast or they're taking their time evaluating my request.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Just heard back, and they have enabled changing the NS records, so now I can use the domain however I want. You can only set two nameservers though.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
How do you change name servers? I only see A,CNAME,MX,SRV & TXT
Login, click "Domains", click your domain, then under "Advanced Settings", click "Custom Nameserver". You should see two fields for entering your nameservers. That's assuming support has granted your request to be able to change them.

NodeworksIX

I don't see Advanced Settings in my panel.  I guess it's because they need to enable that manually.  I've submitted a ticket for it, I'll see what they say, thanks for the heads up.  The domain would be pretty useless if I can't set my own NS.

Ivan

Verified Provider
Snagged bored.nu yesterday :D 

Too lazy to send a ticket for them to enable NS, but I'll probably do so later.

Anyway, I don't think I even have a use for this domain, seeing as I probably will not renew it.. but hey, it's free so whatevs.

Zach

Verified Provider
Their client area is decent looking, just submitted a ticket re: NS servers.  We'll see how it goes.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
In case anyone is interested, here is the text I used in my ticket to enable NS changes. The request was approved, so maybe they like what I said :)

I would like to be able to change the NS records for my domain -----.nu to use it on my own servers.
And in response I got:

Dear David, I understand you wish to change your name servers. In response, I've enabled this option in your Customer Area. Feel free to make changes.

Keep in mind we don't offer extensive support on changes in your DNS records. Any changes you make are at your own risk.

Kind regards, Mark Assenberg Directregister

amuck-landowner