amuck-landowner

Free Raspberry Pi - October 2013 Winners

Raymii

pg2o8dk.png

Submit Idea - Vote on Ideas

The winners of the first Free Raspberry Pi Giveaway are known. I am giving away two Raspberry Pi computers each month to anybody with a good idea. If you write down your idea or code and post it to Github and the voting page, you might win. The two ideas with the most votes at the end of the month get a free Raspberry Pi, Model B, including an SD card, USB cable and free shipping anywhere in the world. The first month was a great success, with almost a hundred ideas posted, over 5000 votes cast and about 2000 people voting on ideas.

9I0F5xGh.png

Winner 1

Virtual Assembly Language
By Fadi Hanna Al-kass, Help Room TA, Wright State Unversity
https://github.com/rpi-asm
https://free-raspberry-pi.uservoice.com/forums/226633-free-raspberry-pi-raymii-org/suggestions/4585354-indoor-tracking-home-automation

Here is the entry:

I have always had the joy of low-level programming. Assembly is always my choice as long as I have the time and resources to get stuff done. However, I have noticed that almost all newbie programmers try to not only avoid assembly, but also not want to understand how things work at a low level in the computer (e.g. not wanting to know how a variable is declared and initialized and/or not wanting to know how things are stored from and loaded into memory). So, I thought maybe an assembly-like programming language will help those new to the world of language understand more about the internal functionality of a computer. I have just recently finished the entire project and am now implementing a GUI-based debugger for the particular language I have designed. The project itself consists of two main parts; a parser and a runner. The parser's main job is to take your assembly code, weed out all unneeded elements (comments, tags, labels, branching headers, etc.) and replace current line instructions with better ones (essentially instructions that take less clock cycles so the program would eventually run faster).

Like I mentioned above, the entire project is complete, and can be cloned from https://github.com/rpi-asm
I should be able to modify the README.md files within a matter of days.

Fadi will get a Free Raspberry Pi, Model B including a 4 GB Samsung SD Card, a clear case from One Nine Design and a USB cable. It will be shipped free to him.

Read on to see the other idea and apply to win a free raspberry pi

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Simply awesome Raymii!

I started looking through the ideas on your site.  Nifty!  I'll be voting and reading the entries.

5000 votes!?!?!?!?! 2000 people?!?!?!

That's probably 40x what LET has for the quarterly provider poll. Hehe.  Go ahead with your awesome self.

Raymii

Simply awesome Raymii!

I started looking through the ideas on your site.  Nifty!  I'll be voting and reading the entries.

5000 votes!?!?!?!?! 2000 people?!?!?!

That's probably 40x what LET has for the quarterly provider poll. Hehe.  Go ahead with your awesome self.
I was suprised ass well by the numbers. The Raspberry Pi Foundation posted it to their facebook, that helped quite a lot.

Sadly, none of the two winners has sent me their address. I have two nice packages standing here, waiting to be sent...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Give the winners some time Raymii.  Hopefully they are just busy and slow to respond.

Awesome about the Raspberry Pi Foundation mention.   As always, a big fan of the work you do.  Keep it up!

amuck-landowner