amuck-landowner

FrontRangeHosting Review

Ishaq

Verified Provider
I don't normally review providers because I'm a support contractor and members might get the wrong side of things. However I've decided to start reviewing providers that have a very few or no reviews to give them a chance.

Note: All reviews I make are unbiased and are based on my experience.

Today I'm going to review:

logo.png

@FRCorey wanted some reviews so I thought since I have a box that's over 3 months old I'd share my experience with them :)

I plan on reviewing by firstly giving a score out of 5 and then a brief review. We're going to look at the following:

Price (how fair the pricing is)
Reliability (of the company)
Support (reply times and helpfulness)
Stability (of the network)
Uptime (of the hardware)
Performance (of the VPS)

Let's start:

Price: ★★★★/5

The price I'm paying ($1 for 128MB and 5GB disk) is fair to say the least, due to the amount of other providers offering 1GB for $19/year, 512MB for $10 a year and so on this seems expensive only because we're all surrounded by it on a daily basis. I think the pricing is very cheap and fair on the provider. Whereas if you buy a high RAM plan for a cheap yearly price it's most likely because they're overselling badly.

Reliability: ★★★★★/5

The company is a registered LLC in the state of Colorado and have been in business for 2 years. Corey seems to know what's he's doing so no problems there.

Support: ★★★★★/5

I haven't used the support at all except for a test live chat which was answered within minutes. I'm rating it 5 only because I received quick responses and no delays during a test chat.

Stability: ★★★★★/5

The network is stable, haven't noticed any outages. I'm able to download at 100Mbps, and sometimes burst up to 150Mbps.

Uptime: ★★★★★/5

In 3 hours I will have 115 days of uptime, no reboots so it's been up since the day I purchased it.

Performance: ★★★★★/5

Access to 4 shared cores on an E5-2620 processor, performs well. The disk's I/O is around 150MB/s. No problems, works well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it. I will be reviewing more providers that don't get many or any reviews when I get a chance.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I've had good use out of my Front Range Hosting VM when I had it!  Corey definitely knows how to help us get the best bang for our bucks!  Thanks for the great review Ishaq.

Damian

Verified Provider
I like me some Front Range too. There was an issue in June with network connectivity but that seems to have been fixed up. Everything else has been good to go.

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
I only recently got my Front Range Hosting VPS, but so far it's been up for the entire 9 days I've had it. Love it, and I haven't needed support yet.

Dylan

I had a good experience with FRH when I had their 128mb plan. I also don't know of any other provider that gives access to 4 cores with a plan that small.

amuck-landowner