amuck-landowner

Gardening Time - 2015

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
cyPEZew.jpg

Went ahead and harvested some maters today. Still got a mess of green ones on the vines that will be ready in the next week or so. Will wash them and try one later. Should be good!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I gave up since been so very busy and unable to find time to tend things.   

This year producing lots of bio mass and mulch.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Today I picked these:

78RSjAL.jpg

Still got more green ones on the vine. About to go fry some bacon and enjoy some BLT sandwiches...

Last edited by a moderator:

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Didn't have anything in my garden since it all pretty much died, but my peach tree certainly gave me some sweet peaches this year at least :)

fatboy

Getting a lot of tomatoes and runner beans but once again I went OTT and overplanted. That means my courgettes and squashes are suffering and I am not getting a lot from them. Corn is doing well and have 10 ears waiting to mature. Its a popcorn variety so lets see what that brings!

Got a lot of kale but its easier getting blood out of a stone than it is convincing my family its nice to eat - just steamed with balsamic vinegar, lovely!

Cucumbers and cucamelons are coming on but I have to learn to be patient and not over plant again next year.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Nice @fatboy! I really wish I had planted more this year. Besides tomatoes the only other thing I planted was some mint which has pretty much come and gone. I only had small pots for them so they didn't grow to their potential but they kept my porch smelling great! I also tried to start some peppers from seed however the seeds never germinated. I put them in soil and kept it moist and in the sun but they never sprouted. Was looking forward to some (late) peppers.

Hopefully next year I'll get started at the proper time and have a better garden.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Picked more tomatoes today. These just keep growing and producing. So so good. Made BLT sandwiches...

BOwOjPV.jpg

5Y7VkYl.jpg

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Got a lot of kale but its easier getting blood out of a stone than it is convincing my family its nice to eat - just steamed with balsamic vinegar, lovely!

Kale like most in the collard family is really a colder weather plant.   We grow both well past frost dates and depending on winter some years through January.

Collards are best picked after first frost, allegedly.

Kale and collards are alright mixed up in a smoothie.  I eat them like salad and like spinach.

Peter_Hullings

Over here currently have a lemon tree, lime tree and a mandarin tree all grafted, giving lots of delicious fruit. :)

I learnt a lot from miniature fruit orchids and grafting from YouTube vids, though I won't post what it is, as I don't want to come across as a spammer.

Cherry tomatoes (Mixed from red, yellow, orange, green.), green beans, eggplant (Black Beauty) and plenty of swiss chard (Every variety one can purchase.) :)

amuck-landowner