amuck-landowner

GetKVM acquired by Bradler & Krantz & Co.

Amitz

Even though there is nothing wrong with building up companies just to sell them - I do not like this kind of serial entrepreneur attitude. Especially if someone always claims to be "here to stay". I was already one of the customers that Ash sold out of the blue in the past and none of his future ventures will see me again as a customer. I am done with "Mr. Thistimeheretostay".

Selling to Providerservice is indeed good for the existing clients. My Providerservice VPS is running very stable and does a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLinuxBug

Since LET fell apart I haven't seen much of Ash to begin with.  I am not ever sure he has an account here on vpsBoard.  I think after LET hit the fan he decided he was no longer interested.  I think he has been trying to sell again for a while.  I also question if he was able to pay his bills for his servers in the Germany  location, this might also explain why his German provider acquired the business from him.  Providerservices is a decent group of guys.  Sometimes their support staff can be a little difficult to work with though as they have no real help desk, only e-mail support and there is usually a delay of a few hours on support requests. 

It would have been nice for Ash to have the balls to tell LET and vpsBoard this was coming, but I doubt he even wants to defend him self anyways.  I would hope at this point he is done with this business anyhow, cause I can tell you if I see him back here selling services under another name, I will surely give him a hard time.  It is quite bullshit to sell people services and say "I am here to stay and not going anywhere" and then play the game of selling it all off under his customers, for the second time.

Grow some balls Ash and step up and explain you self.  Hell, you didn't even send out the notice, you made the guys who acquired you do it. Couldn't even take the time to look your customers in the face and tell them your self?  Shame on you!

Cheers!

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
As said, at least he didn't run a crappy service then bailout on everyone.

Nice little brand he could of had there.

TheLinuxBug

Ash_Hawkridge Member

9:57AM FlagThanks

http://lowendtalk.com/profile/Jack

@Jack

http://lowendtalk.com/profile/Jack said: GetKVM_Ash Nice, you getting your name changed on here? and are you sticking around?

Sticking around, for sure and yes :)

I'm going to make the most of posting without representing a company haha. Something special will be ready to go live in a few months i hope but i have an even busier schedule than running GetKVM, though its full of fun stuff and not work :D

Off to Salou tomorrow, moving house the week i get back and going to Amsterdam (Again) on the 23rd. Its all good!

-- I am no longer affiliated with GetKVM.co.uk --

From LET.

*sigh* 

so who knows.

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
Not having a pop at anyone specific but I have to say I do find it unusual that people seem to think a VPS host/Web hosting related company owes a personal explanation when they are bought by a larger company, I mean its great that people have such a personal relationship with hosts at times but it is always like:

3dxc6.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
'Pump n dump' is synonymous with Ash it would seem with there being previous for it. It's not even 'entrepreneurial' as a real entrepreneur forms a valid exit plan from the get-go.

Hypocrisy, well, never mind.

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
Your right what he should have been saying instead of "here to stay" is,... don't rely on me personally I will probably sell in a year... come on..

Ishaq

Verified Provider
It's not like he knew the future.

On a related note, I don't see anyone complaining about Microsoft practically taking over Nokia.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
It's not like he knew the future.

On a related note, I don't see anyone complaining about Microsoft practically taking over Nokia.
You mean people still use Nokia? >_>

In all seriousness though.. that one's been coming for awhile.  Not quite the same circumstances, either.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Did Nokia claim they were going to be here for the long haul?  I think Ash did.  

The long haul commitment, twice, hasn't been very long.

I see buying of small providers (for peanuts) and consolidation.  Coupled with that, zero income to barely income sales models for every product sold at many VPS companies.

What happens in this scenario?  Providers start being unable to put dinner on their table, the hosting bills go unpaid, the bigger more diverse colo/datacenter ends up often "acquiring" the customer base in lieu of incurred debts.

Did that happen here?  Possibly.

Disturbing point isn't this deal though, it's the many ghost operated companies that are being ran as pass throughs to sell the datacenter (new owners) feature margin products --- think dedicated servers.

VPS providers better start taking notes.  Competing downward on price isn't a viable business model.  Offering the same old OpenVZ, is barely a business model.

We are going to see a lot of failures and covered up front co's real soon.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I've always had an uneasy feeling about him.

Originally vmport was known as boxsrv and they straight up ripped our design and slapped a logo on it. We called them out on WHT and after some time it was replaced.

Now, Ash claims he bought the brand off someone else and that it was the previous owner that had done it.

http://lowendbox.com/blog/boxsrv-2-50-128mb-openvz-vps-in-kansas-city/

Was there 2 Ash's involved? Or was Ash a sales rep and took over ownership at a later time?

Francisco

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Did Nokia claim they were going to be here for the long haul?  I think Ash did.  

The long haul commitment, twice, hasn't been very long.
Not again. That's it - won't ever buy anthing again from Ash.

If I would like to buy from big companies I would not do business with small providers. I like the personal touch and the trust in persons I know.

My backups, my webpage, my emails, my wiki, my vpns .... are important things for me. So I buy into persons I trust to host that stuff.

I don't like the idea of being part of a show just to stay long enough to keep the numbers for a buyout.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I agree @wlanboy,  I like and promote small businesses.  That's where I eat, try to shop and certainly spend for VPS and related services.

I expect small businesses to close shop every now and then.

It's the flip once then twice inside of two years that has me head scratching.

Credit given for not running with folks money or just disappearing.

Ash

I've always had an uneasy feeling about him.
Really? You never mentioned that in any of our conversations. A bit of a snake aren't we Fran.

For the record nobody was part of a show. I do what i do to make money and feed my family not to win a popularity contest, during the time i do this i provide a solid service no doubt.

I don't understand how some people take my decisions so personally. Are you still getting the service you signed up for? I bet you are. I'm the first to admit the VMPort > URPAD move was a trainwreck, but this is a completely different scenario.

amuck-landowner