amuck-landowner

Getting spammed LSN adverts by FraudRecord?

Joshua-Epic

Verified Provider
Harzem is welcome to lie to me, but I've seen the size of the DDOS attacks the site receives so it's not in his best interest if he wants our support. Heck, I don't care about the newsletters but he has to be straight with me so hopefully he is especially since this project only works if there's trust for all parties involved.
I agree it only works if there is trust between all parties. I only wish more hosting providers would realize that it is very much possible to coexist with one another considering the sheer size of the industry. If not only on a client reputation aspect but on an overall operations aspect. I remember back in  when I was with Site5 and the whole wordpress hackathon was going on affecting numerous other CMS's as well. The true reason why were able to stop the problem and apply a permanent fix to the issue was with working with another hosting giant to put all of our linux experience together to track down the string of malicious code and enable a modsec rule to block the attacks. It just goes to show how important it is to trust one another in the hosting industry as providers. 

Flapadar

Verified Provider
Has someone come across this situation with Fraudrecord and an ongoing issue or just a nagging suspicion?
I saw a thread a few months back (I think it was on LEB) where a customer had left a bad review of a host and subsequently was marked as fraud in fraudrecord. After a lot of pestering the report got removed.

Pretty sure it was one of the usual drama brands, though I'm not entirely sure. 

Joshua-Epic

Verified Provider
I wouldn't mind taking a look at that situation. Seems quite childish for a provider to report someone as fraud for leaving a bad review. The correct way to handle the situation is to reach out to the customer and attempt to settle dispute. 

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I saw a thread a few months back (I think it was on LEB) where a customer had left a bad review of a host and subsequently was marked as fraud in fraudrecord. After a lot of pestering the report got removed.

Pretty sure it was one of the usual drama brands, though I'm not entirely sure. 
If you're talking about the thread I think you are, the client did a chargeback or opened a Paypal dispute to get their money back after service was provided. The problem was that the provider embellished the fraud report and instead of simply stating what the client did, they weren't 100% truthful (claiming the client was doing other stuff that they were not doing) and the client got the FraudRecord report removed (I believe it was replaced by a more accurate report). The reason why it made a big stink was because it ended up preventing the client from ordering service elsewhere because the inaccurate report (although if the provider was truthful and put in the report that the client opened a Paypal dispute or did a chargeback, I'm sure they still wouldn't have gotten service).

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner