perennate

Verified Provider
$ telnet git.vpsboard.com 22
Trying 192.241.149.244...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yes, something is afoul.

I talked to MANNagement and the person who babysits that will get things together soon.

perennate

Verified Provider
Haha, MANNagement changed the SSH port for "security" to 8372, this worked:

ssh://[email protected]:8372/perennate/pbobp.git

Might as well change it back to 22 since it's useless security-wise (assuming you have root login disabled; all the automated scripts use root, that or they try to guess username with some default password) and makes it harder to get configuration right to push. Or at least correct the links displayed on the website for cloning.

Edit: that or get rid of it since apparently all the other projects/users disappeared!

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Woops, my bad :p

The git stuff I never use... I probably blindly changed the port when rotating all of them last week. I'll put it back.

I'm not sure what's going on with the actual projects. I see 2 are missing currently. I know the GitLabs script was updated which seemed to have brought some of them back (?) but looking over it, yeah, I see two are missing from here: http://git.vpsboard.com/public/projects

Try now.

Like I said, not my thang. I own the server so have a key on it but I let Novacha run that for the most part.

Novacha

Content Contributer
Sorry for that port change! MannDude told me about it but it completely slipped my mind that it would stop pushes through SSH.

A few weeks ago one of Gitlab's side-processes crashed, rendering the projects page blank. Since then, I have upgraded Gitlab to the latest version so there might be a few UI changes. If anything else goes wrong, please let me know and I will look into it  :) .

amuck-landowner