amuck-landowner

Google Glass: Is the choice clear?

stim

I can see interesting practical applications with improved tech. Could be huge in medicine, for example.

But I do fear for the inevitable swarms of narcissistic google drones surveilling the streets on behalf of NSA. I predict many tears, broken glass and black eyes before an acceptable balance is achieved.

Throws-up lots of interesting legal points regarding privacy and consent to being recorded. 

The natural response will be to make them less obvious, followed by development of detection/counter technologies.

BlackoutIsHere

Verified Provider
I can see interesting practical applications with improved tech. Could be huge in medicine, for example.

But I do fear for the inevitable swarms of narcissistic google drones surveilling the streets on behalf of NSA. I predict many tears, broken glass and black eyes before an acceptable balance is achieved.

Throws-up lots of interesting legal points regarding privacy and consent to being recorded. 

The natural response will be to make them less obvious, followed by development of detection/counter technologies.
Well the good thing is it has no gps and no cellular modem. 

KMyers

Well the good thing is it has no gps and no cellular modem. 
GPS = Yes (although we are not sure why Google is not using it.... They are using the GPS on the Phone for everything)

Cellular Modem = It does not, but it does tether to your phone when mobile. 

To be honest, the device is simply a clunky camera when not connected to a data connection. 

BlackoutIsHere

Verified Provider
GPS = Yes (although we are not sure why Google is not using it.... They are using the GPS on the Phone for everything)

Cellular Modem = It does not, but it does tether to your phone when mobile. 

To be honest, the device is simply a clunky camera when not connected to a data connection. 
Yes but being able to kill (or listen in on) the gateway is a feature imo.

KMyers

I'll be perfectly honest, being able to yell at your glasses for directions and have it right there is preeeeetty amazing.Countless times I've started to drive but forgot to start up my iPhone Maps and set it up. But yeah driving with that on screen would be.... interesting.
The strange thing is that Glass manages to actually stay out of the way until needed. The cube at the end is almost 100% Transparent and the screen is only on when you need to make a turn, merge or when you arrive at your destination. 

fapvps

Verified Provider
I would love to use Glass and definitely see myself wearing it sometimes but definitley not all the time.

KMyers

I would love to use Glass and definitely see myself wearing it sometimes but definitley not all the time.
You are in New York, correct? If so, you may be able to see a pair of Glass yourself as there is a semi-secret location in New York where people need to pick up Glass (They dont ship them). The location is Chelsea Market, directly across from the Google Offices. 

It is possible that someone may let you try them on

fapvps

Verified Provider
You are in New York, correct? If so, you may be able to see a pair of Glass yourself as there is a semi-secret location in New York where people need to pick up Glass (They dont ship them). The location is Chelsea Market, directly across from the Google Offices. 

It is possible that someone may let you try them on
Thank's for the info. I think I will wait for the public launch to check them out at a store wait until one of my frineds buys one. I will tell my frineds about this maybe someone really really wants a pair. When I was a kid I used to have an SNES with a crude VR Headset. I remember F-Zero and Star fox was awesome. Would love to play F-Zero on Glass :D .

shawn_ky

I actually have a friend that will buy them as soon as they come out... he always does.  Can't wait to see it then myself.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
First person I see looking at me with Google Glass on is going to video themselves hitting the floor very quickly.  Google are going to make themselves rich from the pedophiles and perverts before any honest users do.

BlackoutIsHere

Verified Provider
First person I see looking at me with Google Glass on is going to video themselves hitting the floor very quickly.  Google are going to make themselves rich from the pedophiles and perverts before any honest users do.
I don't think glass is really going to enable that in a way that isn't already present.

peterw

Found a second comic

The-Truth-About-Google-Glasses.jpg

amuck-landowner