amuck-landowner

Google kills Schemer

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Do you remember the invite-only service Google started in January 2012?

No?

No problem - they killed it:

Schemer-down.jpg

nunim

VPS Junkie
Shame they can't do the same with Google+.
They keep trying to force people to join it but thus far I have successfully avoided that fate, despite being prompted multiple times when setting up a new Android device.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yes I understand the availability of the Wikipedia article but it's much easier to receive a single sentence generalized response (actually that wiki article is exactly what I read after I posted it but a shorter simpler description was much more appreciated than a large article).

A "social" todo list.

There were two projects building a small project managment system on top of it.
I see what it's supposed to be. Did you actually ever use it? I saw the youtube video "advertisement" about it but all it really did was "hey you can basically make a list of what you need to do but add friends!". Did their "suggestions" actually work? :p

Joodle

They keep trying to force people to join it but thus far I have successfully avoided that fate, despite being prompted multiple times when setting up a new Android device.
True, when i bought my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini it had Google+ installed on it and it just keeps asking me if i want to post shit on G+ -.-" 

Plus Google+ also drains my battery faster when i have it enabled.. disabled it + removed it a week ago and my battery lifetime is much better

Last edited by a moderator:

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I see what it's supposed to be. Did you actually ever use it? I saw the youtube video "advertisement" about it but all it really did was "hey you can basically make a list of what you need to do but add friends!". Did their "suggestions" actually work? :p
Not at all.

No task managment more on a level of a purchase list.

AuroraZero

Aaaah that is a terrible name for a service. Makes me think of some one scamming. No wonder it went the way of the wind and no one used it. The idea is just awful as well. Maybe if it was better thought out and not pushed on people but eh no not like they did it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Schemer.... Yeah I am on board with it sounds like scam/scheme and negative.

Google is moderately retarded in how they are cherry picking projects.   What sucks is many of these projects had viable competitors.  Then Google muscles in, buys a leader or top 3 company in the niche, then effectively issues death warrants for the rest.   After Google loses interest and abandons the market niche, what is left? Nothing.

Someone in government needs to get on Google and scrutinize their purchases.  It's negative for the economy and detrimental to risk/seed investment.  You know, cause Google can/will show up at any moment and deflate your niche.

amuck-landowner