amuck-landowner

Greece - what's next?

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Thanks Mike for that link, I've donated 6euros, I know it's not much but if everyone would do it then that'd be it.
What would be it? You do know that the 1.6 billion EUR they are asking for is less than 1% of what Greece owes right? That's an insane amount.

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
What would be it? You do know that the 1.6 billion EUR they are asking for is less than 1% of what Greece owes right? That's an insane amount.
I know, but the $1.6bn would be one step closer to paying that debt... it wouldn't mean we "saved Greece", it would just mean we helped them as much as we could.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I'd rather pay money in to a fund that was used to help citizens in Greece directly with food, water and general living costs.

Licensecart

Thanks Mike for that link, I've donated 6euros, I know it's not much but if everyone would do it then that'd be it.
Yeah mate hopefully we can and if they can extend the offer with indiegogo that will help us, as it's only getting known now, but as Tesco says "Every little helps" :D

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Need a fund whereby upon fulfilment, someone goes over there with the cash (actual cash) and hands it out to those who need it most.

Licensecart

It's not going to the people they owe, it's goes to the Greece people they choose what to do with it.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
1.6BN EUR only pays ONE installment to the IMF and EU - Total of Greece's debt is somewhere around 200BN EUR.

This won't help them anyway, next installment would have the same repay issue.

Licensecart

1.6BN EUR only pays ONE installment to the IMF and EU - Total of Greece's debt is somewhere around 200BN EUR.

This won't help them anyway, next installment would have the same repay issue.
Again this kick-starter isn't for their debt it's for the people of Greece, they choose what it goes for, whether it's food, wages, whatever if they want to pay off part of their debt that's fine but it's for the People which is why I gave a bit to the fund.

Last edited by a moderator:

William

pr0
Verified Provider
And you think, even if it is successful, some random UK guy will get 1.6bn EUR into Greece? Highly unlikely to entirely impossible without paying 40% exercise tax...

Licensecart

And you think, even if it is successful, some random UK guy will get 1.6bn EUR into Greece? Highly unlikely to entirely impossible without paying 40% exercise tax...
I don't think someone would lie in a indiegogo, they hold the cash at the moment and since it's gone global I think he would end up in big shit and more if he lies. How does it go, I don't know but that's not a high priority at the moment.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: THE GLOBAL NEED FOR 'REPARATIONS' EXISTS EVERYWHERE AT ONCE AND WILL LIKELY NEVER CATCH UP WITH THE DAMAGES MADE BY CAPITALIST ECONOMY...

rds100

Verified Provider
Is there any update on this, can Greek people use paypal again (and fund it with their cards)?

amuck-landowner