amuck-landowner

GreenHostBox changing name and kicking all vps customers

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Got an email from GreenHostBox - topic: "New Website - New Company Name - Big Changes".

Hello XXX,

We have changed our company name and domain to start fresh and continue our growth!
Our new company name is BrizaWeb and you can find our website at http://brizaweb.com

We have not sold our company and we have no plans on selling it. The company is still
under the same ownership. You will be unable to access http://greenhostbox.com after
receiving this email. There will be a lot of changes along the days!

Thanks for hosting with us!

And one of BrizaWeb afterwards:

Hello XXX,

Our pure intention from the start of the company was to host web/reseller specifically.
We are in a process of starting fresh and continue growing so we can go about in our journey.
Unfortunately due to this, we will no longer be hosting and offering VPS services.
All VPS services will be shut down on March 13, 2015.
This should give you enough time, about a week, for you to backup your data and find another provider
that will meet your needs. We hate to leave you go but this is required in starting our path to success.

We thank you for your cooperation!

My first thought: WTF.

My second one: Email reminder for refunds.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
What the.

That's pretty ridiculous.  At least offer partial refund to services still have yet to be received.  

Or sell off that customer base to another company.

I don't know... I kinda find this very weird and strange.  

Last edited by a moderator:

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I could have understood the second email if they sold the company in the first place but with this action it is truly a WTF moment.

rds100

Verified Provider
So what's the point of kicking out all customers and renaming the company? If they want to start from scratch, why don't they start from scratch? Registering a new company is not expensive.

I don't understand it, unless there is some specific asset they can't transfer and want to keep, like IP address space. Are they an ARIN member?

Prestige

So what's the point of kicking out all customers and renaming the company? If they want to start from scratch, why don't they start from scratch? Registering a new company is not expensive.

I don't understand it, unless there is some specific asset they can't transfer and want to keep, like IP address space. Are they an ARIN member?
It's only the VPS clients, so I guess they didn't start from scratch because of the shared hosting clients on their servers. I have a shared account there and it's functional.

GS-Dylan

EDIT: realized this is different than gvh.Can't keep all these green hosts straight.

Hassan

Verified Provider
Got an email from GreenHostBox - topic: "New Website - New Company Name - Big Changes".

Hello XXX,

We have changed our company name and domain to start fresh and continue our growth!
Our new company name is BrizaWeb and you can find our website at http://brizaweb.com

We have not sold our company and we have no plans on selling it. The company is still
under the same ownership. You will be unable to access http://greenhostbox.com after
receiving this email. There will be a lot of changes along the days!

Thanks for hosting with us!

And one of BrizaWeb afterwards:

Hello XXX,

Our pure intention from the start of the company was to host web/reseller specifically.
We are in a process of starting fresh and continue growing so we can go about in our journey.
Unfortunately due to this, we will no longer be hosting and offering VPS services.
This should give you enough time, about a week, for you to backup your data and find another provider
that will meet your needs. We hate to leave you go but this is required in starting our path to success.

We thank you for your cooperation!

My first thought: WTF.

My second one: Email reminder for refunds.
No prorated refunds?

What about annual clients...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Bahahah what the hell is this? Oh the Eng-wish in the second mail.

Hello in order to grow our newly named company, we are dumping all our prior customers??!?!?!? 

Well, not many options here.  Either they undercharged prior customers (likely true in LowEndSpirit) or they are intending on offering other products/services and not VPS.

I laughed at first about their name and the name change.   Last 6 months were not a good time to have a green* name.  Always thought these turkeys were playing up public confusion on name to siphon some sales.  

Brizaweb's site says nothing.  Looks to be shared and reseller shared hosting though.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Got an email from GreenHostBox - topic: "New Website - New Company Name
This is the company with the logo that said GHB? The name change isn't surprising since their hosting business was probably buried in the search results because the first 50 or so pages of Google search results for GHB all refer to the street drug GHB...

7 days notice of a shutdown...   Their last LET VPS offer was posted 12 days before this announcement (no WHT offers in the past 11 months because they're banned )

this is required in starting our path to success.
I've yet to see a business with private WHOIS become a success...

wlanboy

Content Contributer
No prorated refunds?

What about annual clients...
Yup - they just don't care.

Maybe a thanks for your money.

Can't create a ticket. No access to any portal.

They allready changed their email within their paypal account.

But their mail system does not accept emails:

Code:
The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/home/brizsccl/public_html/secure/pipe/pipe.php
generated by [email protected] ------

cagefs_enter: /home/brizsccl/public_html/secure/pipe/pipe.php: No such file or directory

Onra Host

Verified Provider
Nothing like starting fresh by changing names AND dropping all your loyal vps clients (if any). 

If the owner GHB/BrizaWebis reading this..send me over a a PM or email. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Nothing like starting fresh by changing names AND dropping all your loyal vps clients (if any). 

If the owner GHB/BrizaWebis reading this..send me over a a PM or email. 
I am so unclear why people take this approach :)  Just sell the VPS customers or deal them away freely or make accommodations for civil migrations to other providers.

BrizaWeb, whee, what a site.  Another says nothing website.  If you can't say good things about your business and why people should do business with you, then people will not.

KwiceroLTD

Verified Provider
So, they are dropping the loyal VPS customers, and going to restart all over? Why not just keep the loyal customers and simply rebrand?

VPSAliens

Verified Provider
It really makes no Business sense at all with the way they have handled the clients and just abandoning them. Surely a few companies would have gladly taken the VPS Clients and helped make a smooth transition over to them. I really hate when these types of hosts do this, as it hurts the Industry that most of us are trying to maintain a level of Ethics. This only hurts them, as they may just dump web accounts if they decide to only do reaseller and "start over".

Just throwing my 2c in... :popcorn:

Onra Host

Verified Provider
I got in contact with the owner J. He said he was not interested in selling/referring customers to a new company for client privacy reasons. Sad they have to migrate their data :( 

OSTKCabal

Verified Provider
This is a really sad and unfortunate way to do business.

To drop all of your customers with 6 days of notice, on top of not offering a refund to the poor souls, is a scummy move and really sounds like a fly-by-night take the money and run situation.

amuck-landowner