amuck-landowner

GreenHostBox changing name and kicking all vps customers

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I wonder if this is how they are planning to get back on WHT after being banned. Change the "company" name and register a new account in a few weeks. 
Interesting. The good thing is, even if they do that, I'm sure they'll get the ban-hammer quickly.

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
Absolute amateurs, I called this when they first launched and given the timing of this I am still not ruling out the connection to GVH.

Last edited by a moderator:

Onra Host

Verified Provider
I wonder if this is how they are planning to get back on WHT after being banned. Change the "company" name and register a new account in a few weeks. 
WHT will see the same account owner through IP's and what not and quickly merge the two accounts within the week or two. 

Absolute amateurs, I called this when they first launched and given the timing of this I am still not ruling out the connection to GVH.
They aren't connected to GVH at all and I can confirm that. They actually were a reseller for a year or two and dedi client for short period of time with us at Onra. 

Last edited by a moderator:

haloelite3

Seems all a bit strange for them to change the name, there must of been a bigger reason then just starting fresh - it seems a bit strange...

Onra Host

Verified Provider
Seems all a bit strange for them to change the name, there must of been a bigger reason then just starting fresh - it seems a bit strange...
Ehhh I would normally agree. However they have been getting a bad rep of confusion since their name is so close to GVH

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
They'd get more than a slap on the wrist for that.... 

foreign

Verified Provider
Their VPS business is obviously not going like they planned, so they have to shut down that part. Throwing clients away bothers me, at least they could have asked them; do they want to look for a new VPS provider or do they want to be moved to a new provider. Many providers would be more than happy to take over the VPS clients.

Onra Host

Verified Provider
I think the best approach would of been to say "Look we are increasing our prices to sustain our business, if you don't like it then you have XX days to move your data off". It keeps loyal customers, allow you to possible consolidate operations, and avoid drama like this. 

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
PayPal disputes will be tough to win from the client side - they can just say "intangible item" and it's a done deal.

Licensecart

PayPal disputes will be tough to win from the client side - they can just say "intangible item" and it's a done deal.
Not always the case I've only won a few cases because of our terms and conditions and the paypal guys realise it's the client's fault and not ours. But other than that when I was in hosting the clients always win.

Licensecart

Yup - they just don't care.

Maybe a thanks for your money.

Can't create a ticket. No access to any portal.

They allready changed their email within their paypal account.

But their mail system does not accept emails:

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/home/brizsccl/public_html/secure/pipe/pipe.php
generated by [email protected] ------

cagefs_enter: /home/brizsccl/public_html/secure/pipe/pipe.php: No such file or directory
They are using clients.brizaweb.com mate.

amuck-landowner