amuck-landowner

Have you ever been given more resources then you paid to receive?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Paid for an i7 2600 but got a i7 3700 at Hetzner, that was roughly one & a half year ago.
They switched over to the i7-3770 but didn't update their website for about a month so everyone who ordered during that period received that surprise.  For many people those early i7-3770's were a very nasty surprise because Hetzner got a bunch of faulty motherboards with bios problems that caused frequent freezes and crashes under any load (big 18 page WHT thread)

my dedicated surprises:

France: ordered i7--920, received W3520

France: ordered Q6700 2x500GB drives, received 2x1TB drives

France: ordered D425 received N2800

France (this one isn't OVH): ordered 8GB RAM received 16GB

US: ordered Pentium 111 533 MHz received 600 MHz <-- this was before the average summerhost was even born

VPS

Turkey: ordered KVM w/512MB RAM/300GB bandwidth received 1GB/1TB (order page hadn't been updated to reflect new specs)

Have you ever been given more resources then you paid to receive?
I could fill up an entire page with a list of low end VPS's where I received less than promised... :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonathan

Woohoo
Verified Provider
Yep we do free upgrades if we don't have a specific item in stock and can't get it in a reasonable timeframe.  We have most dedis deployed within 24 hours so if we can't get hardware within that we'll do reasonable free upgrades.  This is referring to dedis of course.

amuck-landowner