amuck-landowner

High Storage Backup Server

WSWD

Verified Provider
Hi guys,

Looking for a storage box just for backups.  Crappy processor and no RAID are just fine.  Anywhere from 4-8TB of drive space would be great.

1gbps is also a must.  Wholesale and the like have been ruled out because they only offer 100mbps, and that's just too damn slow in the event a restoration is needed.  Location needs to be US. 

Thanks!

WSWD

Verified Provider
OVH / Dacentec.
Thanks...but I'm not looking for a list of providers.  I know the providers who are out there.  I'm looking for offers from companies here.  That's why I posted in the requests section, and not in one of the discussion sections.

gordonrp

Verified Provider
E3, 16GB ECC RAM, H/W RAID 10, 4x 4TB WD Enterprise SATA, gigabit dedicated port, unmetered incoming 30tb outbound.

$149/mo, $149 setup (setup can be spread over 2 months).

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]$99/mo, $449 setup (setup can be spread over 2 months).[/SIZE]

@ Incero

Last edited by a moderator:

comXyz

Almost everybody will beat them in quality. No where did he say he wanted best price.
Well, actually their servers and network are really good. Just lack of support.

But compare server performance + network quality + price, I think nobody can beat them.

dacentec

Verified Provider
Lack of support you mean OVH not Dacentec of course...

We are doing 75% off first month on our AMD storage servers with promo code NEWAMD.

GIANT_CRAB

dacentec's support is actually quite fast and good. 

If you are looking a dedicated server, you might want to look at ioflood's servers. They offer 6 disks servers for you to store as much things as you want and their network is pretty awesome :) Their black friday deals are over but they might have an upcoming Christmas sales.

If you are okay with VPS, you might want to take a look at Cloudshards or Backupsy.

WSWD

Verified Provider
Thanks guys,

Gosh Gordon...great prices!!  I was kinda looking to go away from Incero for the backup server, since I have a lot of my main servers with you guys...the whole different datacenter thing, but that is a great offer!!  Going to make me think now. :D

I do like Datacentec as well...especially some of their RTO offers. 

Just to clarify guys, by US, I do mean US, not North America.  Soyoustart/OVH doesn't really interest me, and they never have stock anyway.  Haven't had stock on their backup server since early September.  Customizing the other servers (also out of stock almost permanently) is a huge pain in the ass, from what I'm told.  Takes forever for them to actually build a custom server.

@dacentec...what AMD storage servers are you talking about?  Don't see any on your website.  More info would be much appreciated.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Ahh my bad then @WSWD and @willie !

Honestly...  I'd say Incero's offer is incredibly tempting.  Especially if you're using for an extended period of time, that 100 dollars a month wouldn't be too bad long-term (of course 450 dollars setup fee though!)!  

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
@dacentec...what AMD storage servers are you talking about?  Don't see any on your website.  More info would be much appreciated.
Supermicro 6-bay Opteron 1354 8GB 2X2TB SATA Rent Only 8GB 2x2TB SW 10TB & $35.00 USD / Monthly

Supermicro 6-bay Opteron 1385 8GB 2X2TB SATA Rent Only 8GB 2x2TB SW 10TB & $40.00 USD / Monthly

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Both of those offers are incredibly attractive.

I still remember finishing the RTO on my old Dual L5420 server from Dacentec.  haha loved it.

Gahh...  I would love to have a reason to get an E3 on RTO!  

My only biggest concern I had while I was with Dacentec was that I was never able to fully burst up to 1 Gbps.  Of course maybe it was bad timing for me whenever I was downloading and uploading.  

I also wouldn't mind having the funds to get that Incero deal >.>

mikeyur

Verified Provider
My only biggest concern I had while I was with Dacentec was that I was never able to fully burst up to 1 Gbps.  Of course maybe it was bad timing for me whenever I was downloading and uploading.  
It seems to vary a ton between the stuff I have there and friends who also host there. Guess it depends a lot on the rack you're in and how many other people are eating up the bandwidth - as i'm guessing they only have a 1 (maybe 2) Gbps drop per rack, and then what that's connected to upstream is another guess.

I'm in RTO period right now, but wonder if the colo side of things is better..

Edit: And by 'better' I mean more consistent. Definitely not complaining with the current network for the price I'm paying.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yeah.  For the price I mean it's not bad.  It's just you never get the full Gbps. 

But yeah it varies a ton depending on your neighbors, I guess I had some neighbors who used quite a bit of bandwidth. 

H4G

Verified Provider
Intel X3220 - 8GB RAM - 4 x 3TB Enterprire SATA - 10TB on 1Gbps - $129 /mo - No setup fee. [LA]

You can email me - [email protected] should you want to proceed.

amuck-landowner