amuck-landowner

Home internet speeds

Eric1212

Verified Provider
$39/month res. fiber from Bell Canada. Speeds are around 35Mb/10Mb though I'm not on their best package which goes up to 50Mb.

175Mb symmetrical should be rolled out in the neighbourhood soon but I don't have a need for it. 

I recommend it for anyone in Eastern Canada. 

Edit: I recently cancelled my 60/3 cable from Acanac Inc as Bell provided a better price (considering I needed it for the IPTV service)

Last edited by a moderator:

earl

175Mb symmetrical should be rolled out in the neighbourhood soon but I don't have a need for it. 
Is that fibre? you know how much? I can probably save a ton by cancelling all my dedi and hosting my stuff from home:)

Eric1212

Verified Provider
Is that fibre? you know how much? I can probably save a ton by cancelling all my dedi and hosting my stuff from home:)
Yup, it's Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH). 175Mb symmetrical is $162/mo with unmetered bandwidth. No dedicated IPs though :( 

You can get Static IP blocks from third-party reseller ISPs but none are allowed to offer FTTH 175Mb yet :( 

Some day soon, things will change as the third-parties are always getting more access :) 

earl

Yup, it's Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH). 175Mb symmetrical is $162/mo with unmetered bandwidth. No dedicated IPs though :(

You can get Static IP blocks from third-party reseller ISPs but none are allowed to offer FTTH 175Mb yet :(

Some day soon, things will change as the third-parties are always getting more access :)

Still cheaper to rent my Dedi's then, lol..

I'm with Teksavvy and I can get static IP's.. even have native IPV6 but unfortunately can't get anything more than 800K up for DSL..

amuck-landowner