amuck-landowner

How can we make the Daily Server Deals website a better experience for you?

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
late to the party but my 2c

First of all lets just admit that is is essentially a clone of the 'idea' behind LEB implemented in a much more fair way, once we accept that and no longer allow judgement on that we can move on :) cloned ideas are fine as long as the implementation is better.

My thoughts on it in terms of feedback is that it is one of the most incredibly sterile looking sites I have seen, it does not make me what to take part, it even makes me bored when on the site.

To combat this really is not that hard, add a twitter feed on the left and a facebook feed/likes etc on the right, maybe brighten it up just a little even if just the timer.

The next part is the interactivity, on the front page for example not a single offer has a comment and again it looks very stale as a result, a feed with the latest comments, a number of views per offer would be good, some sort of map/location matrix would be good, it just has no "pizzazz".

I know there is a theory of if you built it they will come but honestly with my first point in mind, ignoring the CC ownership of the original version because 90% of people simply do not care you need something to make it worth the switch such as an incentive to come to your site rather than the other, you are competing for the same group of visitors for the most part.

Something like a loyalty system would be nice to unlock special discount codes etc, a prize draw for every xx purchase etc, a comments/offers feed feed on this site would also be good.

While I know it is in some way connected it feels 99% disconnected from vpsboard and I really don't feel like there is anything keeping me there when I go due to the lack of human element, even the offers format is sterile, it is sort of like the vps offers sub section of WHT but with less comments, less offers and less reason to stay.

Hope that feedback is of help, obviously I could be way off the mark but that is how I feel about it.

amuck-landowner