amuck-landowner

How much do you spend on Virtual Servers?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Have we done one of these? I don't think so. I used to have a spreadsheet for this, but I've gotten rid of and canceled some servers so the list isn't nearly as long as it once was. I just paid a yearly Ramnode invoice so it made want to check what all VPSes I have with who and what it's setting me back. Figured I would share what I have and see what everyone here has and what you're spending on VPSes.

Monthly

• Ramnode - OpenVZ SSD VPS (SVZ v1) - Seattle - 512MB SVZ // $6.09 USD
  • BuyVM - Las Vegas - OpenVZ - LV BuyVM-256MB // $6.50 USD
  • BuyVM - Las Vegas - OpenVZ - LV BuyVM-512MB // $8.95 USD
  • BuyVM - New Jersey - KVM - NJ BuyVM-KVM-1024MB // $24.00 USD
  • SecureDragon OpenVZ - O128 // $2.49 USD
  • DigitalOcean - NYC1 - 512MB Droplet // $5.00 USD
  • DigitalOcean - NYC2 - 512MB Droplet // $5.00 USD
  • DigitalOcean - NYC1 - 10124 Droplet // $10.00 USD
  • FutureHosting - Michigan HDD: 20480 MB RAM: 1536 MB // $35.95 USD
$103.98/mo

Quarterly

• Ramnode OpenVZ SSD VPS (SVZ v2) - Atlanta - 256MB SVZ // $7.65 USD
  • BuyVM Las Vegas - KVM - LV BuyVM-KVM-256MB // $24.00 USD
  • AnyNode - Custom KVM // $25.00 USD
$56.65/quarterly

Yearly

• Ramnode OpenVZ SSD-Cached VPS (CVZ) - Seattle - 128MB CVZ // $24.00 USD
  • Hostigation OpenVZ VPS - LA - OVZ128 // $20.00 USD
  • AnyNode Detroit OpenVZ - DVZ-256 // $18.00
$62/yearly

All together, that's $1,536.36 yearly or the equivalent of $128/mo. Also doesn't include the $12.50/mo for the WHMCS license from Hostigation or any other misc costs that may not be shown in the "My Services" tab/page in client portals. As far as I know, this is all I have right now.

What about you? What are you spending on VPSes?

EDIT: €6.00/mo ($8/USD~) for Rage4 DNS hosting, but that's not counted above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Vultr: 4x 768MB VPS $20/month

Crissic: Yearly 256MB + Monthly 512MB ~$40/year

BuyVM: 3 Shared Hosting accounts $15/year (shared hosting)

BuyVM: 256MB $3.5/month

HostUS: 2x 6GB RAM VPS $36/qtr

INIZ: 128MB $7/yr

RIJX: 128MB $5/yr

Licenses: ~$50/month

Yearly: $1078

eva2000

Addictive ain't it ? :)

rough calculations is for 20x VPS servers spanning 11x web hosts = ~US$320/month

excludes dedicated servers of course and DNSMadeEasy Biz plan :)

RamNode, BuyVM, DigitalOcean, Vultr, SecureDragon, Binarylane.com.au, Wiredtree, Backupsy, IWStack, Wable and Linode :)

Kris

All that I could think of when I saw this:

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

I feel the same applies to virtual servers in terms of collecting. Maybe it's just me.  :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
 All that I could think of when I saw this:

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

I feel the same applies to virtual servers in terms of collecting. Maybe it's just me.  :)
Actually, all of these VPSes are used besides 1 which is already canceled, just at the end of it's cycle which is in September and another one is currently unused but on stand by.

vpsBoard uses most of them. Ad server, WHMCS server, image server, git server, mail server, analytic server, www/mysql server, observium monitoring server, backup server (x2), DailyServerDeals, and a semi-idle dev server. The FutureHosting server is a cPanel dev server, plus I like testing out non-lowend companies as well.

Now I want to watch or read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas again :)

Kris

Actually, all of these VPSes are used besides 1 which is already canceled, just at the end of it's cycle which is in September and another one is currently unused but on stand by.
I really meant myself.  ^_^

The company where I work does a lot of Anycast / BGP and optimization, the more machines I have as a looking glass the better to knock anomalies in the head w/ communities and prepending. 

kcaj

vpsBoard uses most of them. Ad server, WHMCS server, image server, git server, mail server, analytic server, www/mysql server, observium monitoring server, backup server (x2), DailyServerDeals, and a semi-idle dev server. The FutureHosting server is a cPanel dev server, plus I like testing out non-lowend companies as well.
What does VPSBoard use WHMCS for?

I currently have the following:

Linode - 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 24GB SSD, 2TB transfer + 1 additional IPv4 - $11/m (London, UK)

BuyVM - 4 CPU, 1GB RAM, 100GB SSD, 3TB transfer + 15 additional IPv4 - $12.95/m (Las Vegas, USA)

LES - 1 CPU, 128MB RAM, 3GH HDD, 100GB tansfer - £2.37/y (Newcastle, UK)

123Systems - 2 CPU, 256MB RAM, 10GB HDD, 500GB  transfer - $7/y (Dallas, USA)

So that averages around $25 monthly. I also have credit with Vultr and DO, DO was a promotional credit that cost me nothing that I probably won't topup when gone. Vultr I do use occasionally when I need a Windows instance and do top that up when needed.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
What does VPSBoard use WHMCS for?
Billing platform for advertisers. I was using BoxBilling before, though... and well, it was pretty bad. The $12.50/mo I spend on the WHMCS license is worth it for me to have a system that works.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Vultr: 35$

DigitalOcean: 35$

SSD VPS: 7$

Dr.Server: 15$

BuyVM: 12$ (+ 60$ quarterly)

RamNode: 4$

+ cPanel licenses, CloudFlare, and other providers I cannot even remember right now (more VPS providers). But that's the ones from the top of my head...all dedicated servers notwithstanding  :wub:

In the end, it all ends up to a big chunk of money (at least for me). Yup, I'm dicted  :)

PS.

Today is the day I pay the bills, so this topic was a good reminder for me he he..

Kayaba Akihiko

Damn MannDude, you're rich, $100+ a month ._.

Anyway, here's mine:

BandwagonHost: Mini-128: $5.99/year

XVMLabs:1024 Plan + 4 IPv4 Addresses: $9.99/year

MiniVPS.us:256MB Ram plan: $5.99/year.

Total about $20/year.

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
About $500 - 750/m mostly with DigitalOcean and Ramnode.

$250/m Monitoring budget

$250/m Logging cluster budget

$250/m Misc / Operations / Web

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
How much do you spend on Virtual Servers?
That's classified! My demigod advisors will not let me disclose that information.

I'll just give the smallest and largest expenditures.

VPS -business

smallest monthly outlay: BandwagonHost $2.42 total (3 VPS's, all annual plans: 512MB, 256MB, 128MB)

largest monthly outlay: CloudVPS €500+ (cluster...)

Dedicated -business

smallest monthly outlay: Kimsufi €50 total (i5-2300, i3-2130, 2 x N2800, 1 x D425)

largest monthly outlay: OVH €1000+ (2 x E3, 4 x E5, plus addons, etc)

VPS -personal

about $1.50 monthly (annual plan) for a 256MB VPS w/Host1Plus in Sao Paulo <--one of the few remaining gopher servers

fm7

Monthly
=======

KVM Debian
- BinaryLane: $5
- Vultr: $10
- Digital Ocean: $10
- RansomIT: $5
- ProviderService: 1,6€

KVM Windows 2012
- KarasHost: $10

Hyper-V Windows 2012 R2
- Winity: $7

VMware Windows 2012
- Corgitech: $10

XEN Debian
- AWS: $30
===================
Total VPS $90 (+ $130 dedicated servers + 10€ CDN)

Yearly
======

KVM Debian
- Hostigation: $16

OpenVZ Debian
- RIJX: $10
- PeakServers: $24
- Host1Plus: $60
- CatalystHost: $25
- EthernetServers: $40
======================
Total VPS $175 (+ $1,000 domains + $60 DME)

Grand Total ~$4,000/year :(

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Personally, I'm down to 2 VPSs:

1x BuyVM

1x QuadraNet InfraCloud instance

I spend $8.64 a month on VPSs.

amuck-landowner