amuck-landowner

How to get listing of new posts/content after upgrade?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
If you are logged in, should see on the top right:

New Content

This is absent if you are not logged in.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonyg

Thanks guys.

I must be blind, now I see it on the desktop.

However, from my Android phone when I click on the tool button, nothing comes up showing new content.

Edit: Ok I see the cause now. Like @drmike stated, a user has to be logged in to see new content.

Is there any way for it to work like before, where one doesn't have to be logged in?

noen

Im logged in, but stil cant find any link to Now Content on my Android phone.. :-( 

RLT

Well its letting me post so I would assume I'm logged on. But I still haven't found the new content link on my nexus 6. I figured out the side scroll issue fairly fast but I can't find that darn new posts button.  My bookmark for the new posts is broken since the upgrade so in total bummer not impressed.

I haven't seen the forum on the desktop yet so it may impressed me enough to change my current opinion.

OK I found it. I was not looking for a star shaped pictograph to see new content. Not sure if it is a duh on my part or on the designers.

tonyg

@MannDude Is there a way to get the functionality of the older version where one doesn't have to be logged in to get new content?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@MannDude Is there a way to get the functionality of the older version where one doesn't have to be logged in to get new content?

Whats the reason that a user must be logged in, to see /new-content/ page?

That's just how IPB4 is. There are options for me to restrict applications to certain user groups. I would have imagined that 'New Content' would be part of the 'search' application, however it is not.

Unfortunately there is no method at this time of overriding that. I'll complain to IPB and see what happens.

amuck-landowner