amuck-landowner

I got scammed. =[

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Damn kid took my $7. Now, this wasn't a lowend VPS either...

Yesterday afternoon I was still awake, it was around noon and I get a knock on my door. I don't answer, I'm not expecting anyone or anything. Doorbell rings and knocks again. I look out the blinds, no car in the driveway. Weird. So I stick my head up to glare through the top glass in the door and I see some kid walking away.

I open the door, he turns around and I say, "Hey, whats up?". I just assumed he had the wrong house. He said he was going around looking for places that needed yard work. Looking at my yard, it needed mowed. He said he'd do it cheap, like $5. I've got a tiny tiny yard right now, at most it'd take 5 minutes or so to do the front, maybe ten minutes to do the sides and back. Tiny yard. I say, "Hold on". I came inside and checked my wallet and I had $7 ones in my wallet and some twenties, so I give him the $7 and say tell him to do mine and the neighbors. It's all one yard, looks stupid to go down the middle with half the grass tall and half of it cut. They mow our yard when they do theres because it takes like two minutes.

Anyway, kid said his name was Chris. I said 'nice to meet you Chris, I'm Curtis' shook his hand and he said he had to walk down to his house to get his mower. Kid was like 16 or 17. Looked like that chubby kid from Bad Santa but grown up a bit. Figured he just wanted to earn some extra money doing actual work.

Long story short, the little fucker never came back. I only paid him beforehand so I could go to sleep for a while and not worry about having him knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell waking me up. Thinking he may have got caught up with other yard work I waited until dark today to write it off as me getting had.

Now I feel like an old man. DAMN KIDS!

You live and learn. $7 life lesson. Looking at the fat little guy I should have expected him to not actually do any physical yard work. Probably spent my $7 on Mt. Dew Code red and a pack of smokes.

Gallaeaho

Verified Provider
This is why I'll never hire TheRedFox with the assumption that he won't take my money and run.

Just saying.

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
I have a feeling this is about to get interesting, I'll just sit back and watch. :popcorn:

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
LOL that sucks haha. He looked just like the chubby kid from Bad Santa huh? Ahaha

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
Pretty bad, Just imagine how much money he got if he did the same to every house on the street.

However, I'm sure someone is smart enough to have an HD security camera so it may get interesting..

shawn_ky

And this is one reason to know the kids in the neighborhood... :)  Sorry it happened, but you never know... You may see him again.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
The money is not so bad, but the fact you still need to mow the lawn is the killer
It's not gonna happen. I start moving stuff to my new place later this week. The management company can mow the yard when they come cleanup the house for the next tenants.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So how to they earn spare cash for a movie or other entertainment?
Prostitution.  Wait that was some other country.

MannDude and his tales of tempting fate.   I knew this was going down in slow motion.

I say you find the fat bastard and ask for your $7 + interest.   That's what I would do.  But then again, I have the urban filth mostly trained in my area to steer clear.  You have a nice legal shiny pistol + concealed permit right?   Holster the bad boy in plain sight and go collect your bounty.  He can't be more than three blocks.

Need help finding him, oh I am game.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Prostitution.  Wait that was some other country.

MannDude and his tales of tempting fate.   I knew this was going down in slow motion.

I say you find the fat bastard and ask for your $7 + interest.   That's what I would do.  But then again, I have the urban filth mostly trained in my area to steer clear.  You have a nice legal shiny pistol + concealed permit right?   Holster the bad boy in plain sight and go collect your bounty.  He can't be more than three blocks.

Need help finding him, oh I am game.
Hehe. Indiana also has open carry. I can walk around with it hanging off my side and an AR15 hanging on my back and go grocery shopping if I want. :)

Ruchirablog

So how to they earn spare cash for a movie or other entertainment?
Sorry that age limit is 14 or something not 18 :( 

Code:
Minimum age for employment
The minimum age for employment of children was raised to 14 years in December 1999 by an amendment to the Employment of Women, Young Persons and Children Act (No. 47), 1956. At present, the minimum age of employment in all sectors is 14 years. Further, through the Ministry of Labour, the legislation has been amended to provide for payment of compensation to victims, by employers violating the minimum age of employment laws.

amuck-landowner