amuck-landowner

I need a new project/venture

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
The discussion about recreating Gatsby/hosted Ghost got my project energies flowing.  I've been thinking about what sort of ventures I might start.

A lot of the immediate ideas are long since taken...

- The world probably doesn't need another monitoring service, given that there are good free and paid ones.

- There's several good backup providers, ranging from super-premium (e.g., Tarsnap) to LEB.  Even my "rsync for S3" is covered.

- Plenty of free/good DNS providers

- the world doesn't need another VPS provider  :lol:

Probably looking more for something to create and run (and eventually pay for itself), rather than just something to code.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately) most of my particular itches have been scratched.  

So what have you looked for and been unable to find?

BuyCPanel-Kevin

Verified Provider
Raspberry PI hosting might be interesting, we don't have many of those out there, and you could sell them for dirt cheap too!

hostinghouston

Verified Provider
I'm glad there is someone else out that with the need to create a project! I've spent a long time trying to come up wtih something myself and come up empty every time!

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I've been considering making a "Wyvern Lite" open source script. Any interest in collaborating on that?

wlanboy

Content Contributer
There is still a need for a working LXC web panel.

Maybe even a lightweight web panel with an API where you can plug in LXC/KVM adapters which does not need root rights to run.

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
Low End Raspberry Pi hosting is something I would buy, I have quite a few projects that could be run on one :p. Particularly if it was launched in a handful of locations.

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
@rds100: Thanks I had seen that but it slipped my mind, I replied to that thread with suggestions. Lots of potential and room for improvement.

Everyday

Verified Provider
Why not start making a competitor to http://www.ubersmith.com? It's more powerful than WHMCS and the others but their development schedule stinks. Could provide you with recurring revenue for years to come!

amuck-landowner