amuck-landowner

Idiots on Kickstarter Crowd Fund Potato Salad

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
How about a "project" to eat out 3 meals a day for one year? Nice and self-centered, should only need about $11,000 (365 day * 3 meals * $10/meal).
$10 a meal is eating cheap ... but probably just running average....

I think most of us, the older among us, have been on this eating out project in the past for extended periods...

May I propose the LAUNDRY SUCKS, a new outfit each day of the year to avoid that dreaded washing of the filthy clothes...  Know multiple people who ran on that for years on end....

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
According to  Kickstarter's T&C, you can't directly donate the money raised to charity. But if you buy a new oufit every day and donate it after wearing to goodwill or the like, that would work really well! I bet you could swing it, but that's a lot of shopping.

Dylan

I for one think this is hilarious.

I am curious why it dropped so far so fast, though. Kickstarter does let people back out of pledges (it's just discouraged) and I can definitely believe plenty of people will do that on something like this once they think about it, but so many all at once? Maybe there was one huge fraudulent pledge or something.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I read somewhere he's having to pay tax on that money! 
I would certainly imagine it would be taxed somewhere along the line, if he's honest. Kickstarter handles payments through Amazon Payments, which requires your SSN to sign up for tax reporting purposes. Anyway, with this all over the "news", you can be sure that ~$50,000 (as of now) is being watched closely.

amuck-landowner