amuck-landowner

If you weren't working in this industry, what would you rather be doing?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Lots of people wanting to become a farmer...

I used to manage a 20 acre organic orchard in the desert, we grew pomegrantes, figs, plums, apricots, and some shitty pears. I'd love to do that again. I say we all pitch in, buy like 50+ acres and start the lowendcommune. :)

vRozenSch00n

.....so why don't you? :)
Well, the poultry, fish, cooking oil, tomatoes, chili, spinach, beef jerky (dendeng sapi), salted fish (ikan asin) have been helping my family to survive these past few years.

If you see my Linkedin profile and wonder how much my salary was with my previous job, I earned around USD750/month, while the cost of living keeps climbing up. So we practically live from paycheck to paycheck, and without a side income, my family will barely survive.

The methane gas needs a sufficient amount of manure, which means I need to have a good amount of cattle and a vast land to graze which I don't have.  :p

Back in the '80s our minister of technology, B.J.Habibie, started a pilot project to have rural areas to use solar energy but it was stopped because a family member of our previous president established a private company with Payton Power and sell the electricity to government owned power company (PLN) which makes the power bill swell quite significantly.  :(

Solar panels and wind generators are quite expensive and must be imported directly, while the import tax and custom clearance cost is very high.  :(

So, some of it is still a dream, and it is hard to find a good barley supply to brew your own beer.  :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well in lieu of beer, much cheaper/easier to ferment other stuff.  Green tea/kombucha is a good one....

I also ferment at time ginger ales, wanna-be-wine and straight H2O + sugar which can be interesting mixer.  All high ABV tolerant yeasts and post filtering.

amuck-landowner