amuck-landowner

img host website

abyssis

Hi, assuming I'm pretty new to html/css/php/mysql (i do know the basics of css/html so that won't be a problem] where should I start with making a simple image sharer like imgur for instance but really, really simple one? I would like to start working on something similar just to sort of learn new stuff related to php, sql because the high school I'm attending right now won't teach me shit. Maybe there is a better alternative that I don't know about? Is there anyone willing to share with me some basics on how to start? It would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Well it would definitely be a somewhat easy start, but really there are plenty of image sharing sites out there so you won't have a lot of traffic.

trewq

Verified Provider
Well it would definitely be a somewhat easy start, but really there are plenty of image sharing sites out there so you won't have a lot of traffic.
The idea is learning not usage.

I would suggest pick out certain aspects of the project at a time. For example work on getting images uploading then work out how to keep track of them in a database then workout how to display them.

Keep it simple to start. Functionality is key, you can make it pretty later.

Overall just use google and research what you are trying to do.

abyssis

Yeah I'm aware I won't get a lot of people in but as trewq said it's mainly so I can learn some new stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner