amuck-landowner

Impact VPS Adds noVNC HTML5 Console

Awmusic12635

Verified Provider
One of the most highly requested features for our management panel has been to add an HTML5 console to it. After a good bit of work we are proud to announce this feature is now fully integrated into our panel:

Existing VMs will need a small modification made to them in order for it to work. Those steps are detailed here: http://impactvps.com/knowledgebase/how-to-enable-html5-console-for-your-vm/ . OS templates will be updated in the near future with those modifications built in.

Few Screenshots:

Screenshot_9_5_15_3_20_PM-1024x542.png

Screenshot_9_5_15_3_22_PM-2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler

Are you running a SolusVM set up? The control panel looks similar to a skinned SolusVM with some extra features

Tyler

Glad to hear it! SolusVM is a piece of crap, but that's better served for another thread :)

Nice work on the panel!

mitgib

Verified Provider
Are you running a SolusVM set up? The control panel looks similar to a skinned SolusVM with some extra features

Looks like Proxmox VPS/Cloud for WHMCS from ModulesGrarden, but no SPICE console

mitgib

Verified Provider

Looks like Proxmox VPS/Cloud for WHMCS from ModulesGrarden, but no SPLICE console
Correct. It is their module with additional custom dev on top.
Great, I've been working on the same thing this past week, finally decided to blow away my entire Proxmox cluster to rebuild on 3.4 for my Ceph cluster instead of Ubuntu for Ceph now that the kernel supports my 10G Mellanox cards without needing to load the 3.10 kernel. Still have yet to get SLICE working :(

Awmusic12635

Verified Provider

Looks like Proxmox VPS/Cloud for WHMCS from ModulesGrarden, but no SPLICE console
Great, I've been working on the same thing this past week, finally decided to blow away my entire Proxmox cluster to rebuild on 3.4 for my Ceph cluster instead of Ubuntu for Ceph now that the kernel supports my 10G Mellanox cards without needing to load the 3.10 kernel. Still have yet to get SLICE working :(
novnc not an option?

mitgib

Verified Provider

novnc not an option?
I have novnc working, just getting SPICE working is my major malfunction currently

Enterprisevpssolutions

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
To get SPICE working you usually have to install a client on the VPS you want to use it with before it will work. https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/SPICE 

In order to use Spice you need the following:

Spice client on your desktop OS
Spice drivers inside your VM (VirtIO, QXL Graphic card drivers)
SPICE client

Windows: virt-viewer 0.5.6 or higher, http://www.spice-space.org/download.html
Linux: virt-viewer 0.5.6 or higher
OS X (not yet working as expected): virt-viewer 0.5.7 or higher, http://www.spice-space.org/page/OSX_Client
Enable SPICE for a VM

By default, Spice in not enabled and the traditional VNC based console is used. In order to enable Spice, just select SPICE as virtual "Graphic card"

AuroraZero

Existing VMs

OpenVZ VPS are not really VMs though? Probably container is more appropriate.
Come on man we know this already no reason to be this way about it. Fact is Alex is bringing this to table and it is reliable and stable. I have had a setup with him since July and not even a blip yet. Yes they work as containers but the fact is they work and if he is adding new features awesome.

amuck-landowner