amuck-landowner

Important Security Alert -- SolusVM

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Not much details available about this just yet, other than news saying you should patch. http://blog.soluslabs.com/2013/06/16/important-security-alert-new-update/

PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY. THIS INFORMATION IS RELEVANT TO ALL VERSIONS OF SOLUSVM, INCLUDING BETA VERSIONS.

A security update has now been released for the Stable and Beta versions of SolusVM. We advise you to make this update as soon as possible.

To run the update you can either do it from within the SolusVM admin area or from CLI on the master server. To preform the update from CLI the commands differ depending on the version of SolusVM you are running.

==================

Stable version:

/scripts/upcp

Beta version:

/scripts/upcp-beta

==================

Once the update is complete you will have the patched system.

We have included the original instructions in this email that were given when the exploit was announced and before we released the patched updates. If you feel the need to remove the originally exploited file after the update you can do the following:

==================

Instructions:

You will need root SSH access to your master server.  You are then required to delete the following file:

/usr/local/solusvm/www/centralbackup.php

Example:

rm

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yeah, I was laying in bed after I woke up and just read the news in my email so copeid the info here before I had a chance to read the forums and see it was already posted.

amuck-landowner