amuck-landowner

Increase vps disk space

rxlord

hey i have a old vps with 5gb disk space i have no other use for it other than downloading torrent.

is there any way i can download the huge torrents directly to cloud or to ftp storage

i tried mounting gdrive with webdav and downloading to its directory but it still used vps's disk space and showed error.

i also have a webhosting account with unlimited storage and no file size limit

plz help me how could i download torrent directly to the cloud from my vps

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
I'm pretty sure using "unlimited" storage for shared hosting would violate their acceptable use policy and likely end with your account suspended or terminated if your torrents are not legal and you are re-sharing them. 

AshleyUK

Verified Provider
As the above have said, it's not worth the effort getting something like that to work, as your find your account shutdown pretty quickly, for either disk TOS or the fact your storing "illegal" files on their service.

If your download legal torrents such as your latest CentOS ISO just use your local PC/Network.

,Ashley

raj

wut? lolz! Moar l33t torrentz plz!  Plz sir help me break law. Thank you sir.  </sarcasm>

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Why would you ask that?  It doesn't really seem to have anything to do with his question.

I swear some people get off on Defender of the Law ego trips.

To the OP...you might use sshfs
Along with sshfs, there is ftpfs.  You can look into Fuse modules that support it or Linux Userland Filesystem.  Note that ftp protocol is insecure and shouldn't be used for sensitive data but if you don't have access to SSH, it is an alternative for data that you don't care about security with (such as most torrents).

If you're running something like this often from a shared web host, don't expect your account to last long though. It is probably a violation of their terms.

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
Why would you ask that?  It doesn't really seem to have anything to do with his question.

I swear some people get off on Defender of the Law ego trips.
Most people get their information about torrents from their local news. So torrents == illegal to the uneducated. Similar to thinking Linux must be used for hacking

Last edited by a moderator:

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
P2P is a massive source of piracy. Rare to see it used for a legitimate purpose (Open source software).

Are torrents illegal? No, not by themselves, but what you're downloading could very well make it become illegal.

I hear this excuse all the time, "seeding linux ISOs". That would be fine... if you weren't downloading GTA IV on the side.

/end rant

amuck-landowner