amuck-landowner

Indiana guys I found you a deal!

acd

ogden dunes is northern indiana, about halfway between michigan city and chicago, for pickup only it says. A cute 18U.

Last edited by a moderator:

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Not sure if this is "industry news", unless someone is planning on using this to start a new datacenter?

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
@shovenose Might be interested. 
"The new and improved BetterVPS, now operating out of a real data shack - someone's shed in Indiana where I managed to tap power and 10Mb/s wireless Internet from their house."

Last edited by a moderator:

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
ouch you guys are mean to Shovie!
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Really I don't dislike him, I would have said that about anyone or no one. Just seemed like such a good business model :p

Back on topic, how much does something like this weigh, for shipping? I know the eBay offer is local pickup only, but I'm wondering about the logistics of getting someone else there to buy it for you (generic "you") and ship it. 

XFS_Brian

Verified Provider
I live in Indiana and this has gotten me thinking. Really thinking hard on this one. May need to watch where this acution goes. I could be a happy owner of a server rack.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Not that I particularly want this, but I hate how anything 'Indiana' seems to be always in Indianapolis or further north. AKA "almost Chicago" or "almost Michigan" (to me).

I live in "almost Kentucky", so it saddens me to see neat things in my state but so far away.

XFS_Brian

Verified Provider
Not that I particularly want this, but I hate how anything 'Indiana' seems to be always in Indianapolis or further north. AKA "almost Chicago" or "almost Michigan" (to me).

I live in "almost Kentucky", so it saddens me to see neat things in my state but so far away.
I can say the same for what I find in the south.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent

Meh... 4 hours drive max. I do that twice in a day sometimes. NH -> NYC and back. Shouldn't be a big deal if you really want the thing.

amuck-landowner