amuck-landowner

Indiana guys I found you a deal!

A Jump From Let

Can anyone familiar with physical boxes confirm if it fits the size of a standard server? As I was just thinking maybe it's for Atom servers or whatever.

It looks more like a minifridge than a minirack... am I missing something, or is the only heat escape the two small fans on top?
Could Atom-only be the messing part?

All I know, is I have my netbook running on Atom for years and I tend to cover the ventilation area with stuff for long times without me thinking of something called temperature,  while in a notebook running normal processors, the same act would bring it to max temp in  seconds!

Chronic

How much do these usually go for? Knowing eBay auctions, it could pick up on the price in the last few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Otakumatic

Carmel is awesome.  Me and my family were looking at moving to Fishers a few years ago.
Yeah, it's a nice city.

Anyways, I could run a LEB host from my home! Better than co-location deals in Indy (nFrame in Carmel wanted $300 for 1U IIRC).

Kidding.

pcan

This is not a computer rack. It appears to be a regular wall-mounted communication equipment rack, with about  60cm depth and a two-sections body: the section to be permanently attached to the wall is about 10 cm depth; the main body with the rails is about 50 cm. Still a decent place to put short depth servers, 40cm maximum. It is designed to host mainly a few switches, so cooling features are minimal. Expect the top fans to be really loud. I have a dozen of this kind of racks at work, for network patch panels and switches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zach

Verified Provider
This is not a computer rack. It appears to be a regular wall-mounted communication equipment rack, with about  60cm depth and a two-sections body: the section to be permanently attached to the wall is about 10 cm depth; the main body with the rails is about 50 cm. Still a decent place to put short depth servers, 40cm maximum. It is designed to host mainly a few switches, so cooling features are minimal. Expect the top fans to be really loud. I have a dozen of this kind of racks at work, for network patch panels and switches.
Yeah, it's build to be mounted on a wall in a small office/branch for switches, routers, patch panels, etc.  You would probably fit a half depth server in it.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
About 12 hours to go on this and the bidding is at $25. Does that bid come from anyone around here?

Dan

I probably shouldn't of bought that ... since I live in Australia and all...

Kidding :)

amuck-landowner