amuck-landowner

INIZ Launches New OpenVZ.IO Locations in New York City & Los Angeles

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Hey @NinjaHawk, if they can pull IPv6 from Atlantic Metro in NYC, how come they haven't made it available to you? Aren't you in the same facility?

Also, @INIZ, any chance of smaller plans in this location?

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
How far do you oversell OVZ? 1:2?

I run game servers which use huge resources so I must do 1:1, but with web stuff 3:1 seems like the comfortable limit... any higher and things can blow up.

I find HDD I/O the biggest issue hosting OVZ/KVM, you need a really nice array.
Correct, IO is the limiting factor beyond anything which is why we went for HGST Drives which I have used before and in NL.

Overselling is part magic and part luck.  Some folks have good idea about their customers and where they can push things @jarland for example.  BuyVM performs magic too.

Everyone else, varies greatly.  When in doubt, don't do it too much :)
We're doing it right, It's hard to see a bad review about INIZ based on the services provide and VERY close to the year mark!

Hey @NinjaHawk, if they can pull IPv6 from Atlantic Metro in NYC, how come they haven't made it available to you? Aren't you in the same facility?

They *may be* renting boxes from NewYorkCityServers?

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
I think some people are missing the fact that these machines can be upgraded with more RAM when it would be required.

http://ark.intel.com/products/64594

ydu3D02.png

Get off his back, I'm a happy customer even if its being over provisioned :p

Disk IO? I think thats covered with the bigger storage arrays.

Much better than 4x 1TB disks housing 50 - 80 1GB RAM/30 - 50GB Space VPS's then your likely to see some issues..

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
I think some people are missing the fact that these machines can be upgraded with more RAM when it would be required.

http://ark.intel.com/products/64594

ydu3D02.png

Get off his back, I'm a happy customer even if its being over provisioned :p

Disk IO? I think thats covered with the bigger storage arrays.

Much better than 4x 1TB disks housing 50 - 80 1GB RAM/30 - 50GB Space VPS's then your likely to see some issues..
We use the Supermicro X9DRI-F-O and that supports 512GB but yes easily possible to add more RAM when needed or live migrate users between nodes on vlan :)

SeriesN

Verified Provider
"They *may be* renting boxes from NewYorkCityServers?"

Keep em coming ;)

"Hey @NinjaHawk, if they can pull IPv6 from Atlantic Metro in NYC, how come they haven't made it available to you? Aren't you in the same facility?"

I need to follow-up.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
" based on the services provide and VERY close to the year mark!

"

Btw, Iniz is a new brand. Maybe stormvz has issues and needed a rebrand? But EVERYONE learns from their past mistakes and moves forward.

https://www.google.com/search?q=stormvz+review+site:www.webhostingtalk.com&safe=off&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&espv=1

Anyhow, congrats on the expansion :). Will Iniz have services there or only openvz.io?
Nope, if you want to really know it was because of trademark issues. Also from your recent offers, I thought you weren't doing 2GB games but i see you heated your offers with 2G swap. Feeling the heat?

Just getting started, we have our own 1/2 rack in NY lined up and some blazing deals coming soon. Non-stop growth with INIZ/OVZIO has been phenomenal and I thank our customers :)

Year mark is for Web Phase Limited btw where INIZ/OVZ all come under so it is nearly a year.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Nope, if you want to really know it was because of trademark issues. Also from your recent offers, I thought you weren't doing 2GB games but i see you heated your offers with 2G swap. Feeling the heat?
Swap is not ram ;). Never felt the heat and if you are playing swap games, I have been doing that since day 1.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
D. Strout:

Would be interested in smaller plans too.

Amitz

Great plans, if only the bandwidth allocation would be a little higher like 2 TB instead of 1 TB and 3 TB instead of 1.5 TB...

Btw.: I am using your service in the NL and could not be happier! Great uptime and network!

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Great plans, if only the bandwidth allocation would be a little higher like 2 TB instead of 1 TB and 3 TB instead of 1.5 TB...

Btw.: I am using your service in the NL and could not be happier! Great uptime and network!
Well only outbound is counted, should be plenty for most :)

Unfortunately bandwidth doesn't come cheap in NL & NYC and we try to keep resources same for each location so it's easier to maintain

amuck-landowner