amuck-landowner

IPv6 OpenVPN on OpenVZ VPS Questions

dave

I'd like to setup openvpn for ipv6.  I have a SecureDragon openvz vps that has /64 block of ipv6 assigned, but I can only add individual /128 ip addresses to the network.  Apparently openvz only supports the individual /128's with venet.

Is there any way to get ipv6 working for openvpn on an openvz vps in this kind of situation?  I've spent a lot of time trying to get it to work, but haven't gotten anywhere so far.  Thanks.

dave

I've been through that guide over and over and set it up, but no luck.  At best I can ping a single ipv6 address assigned to the vps from the openvpn client, but I can't get outside.  I'm guessing it's because the whole /64 isn't on venet0, but I'm not proficient enough with ipv6 to be sure.

I already talked with SecureDragon support, and they said it's not possible to add the /64 to venet0 because of openvz.  I'm just trying to figure out if there's still a way to get openvpn to work despite that.  If not, I'll just give up, but I thought it would be worth checking around first since I'd guess this must have come up before.

dave

It seems kind of pointless to use a tunnel.  I'll just keep waiting.  Maybe OpenVZ will add full support for ipv6 some day.

amuck-landowner