amuck-landowner

Is there a need for a Freelancers Forum?

praveen

I have a very good Domain for a Freelancers Forum. But before starting of I wanted to discuss with others.

So my question is - Is there a need for a Forum for Freelancers?

Please note - this forum is not like a job board like Freelancer or most of the others, it is a place where Freelancers discuss, like this forum where people discuss only hosting and related stuff.

So what are your thoughts?

DaringHost

Well in my opinion you'd have to think more of "what will make my website different from the others". There are already freelancher forums out there, but what's going to make someone want to be apart of your community? 

dano

I don't see why not to start one? For me, I have used a few freelance sites, and have had very little success with actually landing gigs from them(better success rate on Craigslist postings). Otherwise, if you make a nice layout and have passion for freelancing and the lifestyle you have while doing so, are active in the community you built, then I think you could have a descent amount of hits one day. I am unsure what the % of people that become or try to become self employed is currently, but I imagine there are a fair number that are interested.

There are lots of questions that young/new freelancers would love to know, so I really do think a well organized forum for freelancers may help some folks. 

amuck-landowner