amuck-landowner

Is this good deal? West coast USA

shovenose

Verified Provider
Do you think that a server with 8GB DDR3, an AMD FX-6200 3.8-4.1GHz 6-core CPU, and a 1TB WD Caviar Black 7200RPM 64MB Cache for $65 is a good deal? Or do you think I can find a better deal somewhere else?

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
Hard to say, hows their network & support? You can always find something cheaper, but that doesn't make it a better deal.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Yeah. CPU isn't bad at all for the price if I judge by cores and clock speed. If the network isn't crap it sounds like a good deal.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
If the network is horrible there's no reason to spend money on a system like that.

Source: Paid 30/month for a Dual L5420 with 16GB RAM and 2x 1TB HDDs on a 100mbps port.

The network was so bad it took me 400ms+ for it to get to me (when I was in Central PA).  This was still in the States...  single homed with Quest.  I think most of you know who it was.  (since then they upped the price to 90/month).  Others had better experiences with this company but mine have been horrible.  

shovenose

Verified Provider
If the network is horrible there's no reason to spend money on a system like that.

Source: Paid 30/month for a Dual L5420 with 16GB RAM and 2x 1TB HDDs on a 100mbps port.

The network was so bad it took me 400ms+ for it to get to me (when I was in Central PA).  This was still in the States...  single homed with Quest.  I think most of you know who it was.  (since then they upped the price to 90/month).  Others had better experiences with this company but mine have been horrible.  
not horrible. but not the greatest :(

amuck-landowner