amuck-landowner

Is this RRD graph correct?

kcaj

Hello,

I've recently started using Observium to monitor my VPS servers, it pulls data from them using SNMP.

edHsNC7.png

To me it looks as if the graph is inverted in some way. The symmetrical spike at the end of the graph is me creating a tar archive, then the sole green spike shortly after is me uploading that tar file away from the server to another server on the internet. My query is that a green spike according the key under the graph represents high writing to the disk, except surely the disk would see a high read load if I am uploading a large file to another server.

Can someone help me make some sense of this?

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
In instances where network device ports are monitored, switches for example. The graph will be in the perspective of the network device, which would have the inbound and outbound opposite from the perspective of the server the port connects to. 

I'm not sure about servers themselves but this may very well be the same case in a way.

kcaj

In instances where network device ports are monitored, switches for example. The graph will be in the perspective of the network device, which would have the inbound and outbound opposite from the perspective of the server the port connects to. 

I'm not sure about servers themselves but this may very well be the same case in a way.
The traffic graph appears to work the correct way around.

fQBuBze.png

amuck-landowner