amuck-landowner

It looks I need Your help guys

vps24.net

Verified Provider
Wow - what a discussion - big big lesson for me !!! :)

All points mentioned by you are very very interesting and drops new light on my try on this market.

Basically I`m not the person who cares about the "graphical" and aesthetic part - rather focused on the technical aspects - what is my fail now :)

I`m very very glad that you took this topic so serious and provided so many points I need to focus on.

Have some idea for some innovations, and definitely will provide more details on the web :)

Will back to You when improvements will be implemented !

cheers

Marek

Reactions: Lee

Virtovo

Verified Provider
The location is provided in Company section, it`s Poland in Europe Union :)
Then I would advertise that prominently on your homepage.  I'd also see about getting listed at exotic VPS.  Really push the fact that services are located in Poland.  It will help differentiate you.

RLT

As Virtovo said really emphasis the location. That is probably your best selling point to Western buyers. Many would purchase one just for VPN or DNS use.

vps24.net

Verified Provider
Gents,

Some modification already in place. But still a lot of Your suggestions to be implemented.

Especially offer review :)

Thanks again !!!

regs

Marek

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I`ve invested for some online adv. and got around 10k visits on my site with 0 conversion - what disappoints me :)
You probably paid for botnet traffic, nothing more. A lot of people pay for things like that in hopes of making it increase their payout or to increase their alexa ratings. Some people want it to help increase google ranks and such as well.

With how the market is you need to either have some good, solid, offers, or a name to back it.

To the rest of you hating on my design skills, screw the whole lot of you >_> Yes the site is meh but remember that BuyVM was started more as an experiment than anything else. I did all the design work myself and while it looks old, it does the trick. With that being said! A new one is in the works.

Francisco

tonyg

You probably paid for botnet traffic, nothing more. A lot of people pay for things like that in hopes of making it increase their payout or to increase their alexa ratings. Some people want it to help increase google ranks and such as well.

With how the market is you need to either have some good, solid, offers, or a name to back it.

To the rest of you hating on my design skills, screw the whole lot of you >_> Yes the site is meh but remember that BuyVM was started more as an experiment than anything else. I did all the design work myself and while it looks old, it does the trick. With that being said! A new one is in the works.

Francisco
Francisco, no need to apologize about your site design. In fact, I like the minimalist approach.

It was only brought up as an example of how site design has little to do with a successful product.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Francisco, no need to apologize about your site design. In fact, I like the minimalist approach.

It was only brought up as an example of how site design has little to do with a successful product.
Yeah yeah :p

I still laugh that a good half dozen people ripped the design in some way. Some stole the javascript, some

straight up ripped the design or 'heavily inspired' by it, etc.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hahah, da f*ck?  Slap BuyVM's design?  Meh,  it's straight forward and just works.  Wish I could say the same about all the CSS dumptruck crap people pass around with 900 remote element calls just to get the base dev kit the damn design is built upon.    

The OP's site.... glad to see the dripping blood red has been reduced and the FLASHing thing is gone.

Not to be a knit picker,  but bunch of English fubars/errors and just awkward language stuff still.   Spelling issues too I will wager and say also going on.

The pricing up front, is blah.  Expensive overall.

Like so many VPS company sites, it fails to communicate to 95% of the world what you do and what they can use such for.  It is tunnel-vision problem you have as the owner and versed in this tech stuff.

The top swipe panel, I hate it.   I hate them in general, but that one, including the typo "Clear Rulles" - what the heck?

vps24.net

Verified Provider
OK

Design changed a little bit. A little bit more information provided, some spelling corrected. Still need native English corrections and the prices review on the table now :)

regs

Marek

RLT

Prices, why would I bother to click through 4 pages to check pricing. First or second click no info and it's on to the next provider.

In the bar at the top it says prices starting at $5.99 unmanaged. Below in the VPS selections it starts at $9.99?

What is VPS accurate? the more info link no worky and the standard blurb on the home page literally has no info to make it worth the extra cost.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Offtopic: VPS24 sounds like Hosting24, whose parent company also runs hosts like 000webhost and youhosting.

clouds4india

I dont know if post is still active or not

I've looked at your site today here are a few tips

1. Your design still needs a makeover as of 11/6/2014
2. ( This tip aint followed by most ) DO NOT SAY 24/7 support if you cannot provide it in the first place
Checkout your timings specify the that you are available during so and so in a particular timezone ( so they will expect responses only during that time
3. Prices openVZ is considered to be cheapest the price u gave for ovz on your site -> shud be kvm prices
because ovz = oversale name suggests that even though you do not oversale
4. keep your design simple bright and professional

- what do you offer , for how much , and ETD (estimated time for delivery )
 - payment modes , terms , refunds , privacy
 - support timings
 - mention the hardware on which the vms exist
 - datacenter

amuck-landowner