amuck-landowner

KnownHost alternative

Chalipa

hi,

i have a vps with known host, they are great but i have only 60gb space there and cannot set backups etc...

i am very happy with their support and it's almost instant, do i have any other option for MANAGED vps with

at least:

2GB RAM

100GB+ space

cpanel/whm

Fully MANAGED

for $30/month?

what would you recommend?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
In a similar class is WiredTree.

When I've compared plans, you get more memory per dollar with KH, more disk per dollar with WT.  However, the ratios are similar regardless.

WT is excellent.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Servint -check WHT for discounts or sales

disclaimer: I had dedicated servers at ServInt for 6 years but that was 1998-2004 so I actually have no idea what their service is like now and I've never used their VPS's..  They were very good when I used them though.

libro22

Knownhost has a very nice tech support team, they have specials most of the time, $29.95 I think. Try also Bigbrainglobal.

WSWD

Verified Provider
I'm SOOOOO confused by this post.  If you love them, are happy with them, they have great support, etc., I'm really confused as to why you want to go elsewhere.

Can't they upgrade the disk space?  Can't you use an off-site VPS (Backupsy, for example) for storing your backups?  Maybe I'm just not understanding your post.  :huh:

Chalipa

if i upgrade the disk it will go above my budget, infact it's already over my budget but their fantastic customer support still pushed me to stay for months.

as i said i'm looking for more storage vps

WSWD

Verified Provider
if i upgrade the disk it will go above my budget, infact it's already over my budget but their fantastic customer support still pushed me to stay for months.

as i said i'm looking for more storage vps
Ahhhhhhh, gotcha.  Personally, I think you're going to have a heck of a time finding a 2GB fully managed VPS with cPanel for that price.  But good luck!

amuck-landowner