amuck-landowner

Launching A Cool VPS Business

devonblzx

Verified Provider
We actually offered 50TB virtual servers for an reasonable price (~$120/month) a couple years ago (max of 4 per gigabit node).   Couldn't find a market for them, anyone interested in that much bandwidth and looking for a reliable solution is only looking for dedicated servers and are able to spend more with ease.

100TB usually ends up being around 400-450mbps 95th percentile.   Even if you have peering and the lowest price transit, you're looking at $0.50/mbps when including the price of the routers/switches.  So if someone actually uses 400mbps, you're looking at $200/month and that's best case scenario.  Realistically, there are only a few providers that offer under $0.50/mbps and if you're trying to build a network with them, you're either going to have to find a datacenter that features all of them (likely expensive like Equinix) or you're going to have to buy transport which will raise the cost per meg.

In conclusion, 100TB on a VPS is only possible if the node features 10-gigabit connectivity and if the price is well over $100/month.

SrsX

Banned
Hello fellow troll.  We are growing nicely today.

Can call it goldvaluehost.com and set the premium standard for insanity.   :)
Or, even better...

goldvaluecrossing.com - we have to give our best friend Mr. Biloh some money also from all earnings.

We'll call it a head tax.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
GoldValueCrossing - Insane/Exotic Plan
2U Rack Space

2 Amps
Dedicated/Unmetered 1Gbps Port

Free remote hands from Biloh himself

/27 IPv4
/64 IPv6
$15/month

Locations: Hong Kong, London, Silicon Valley, Sydney, Cape Town, Istanbul

TOS:
What's allowed:
Everything!!
(eg File Hosting, DDoS, CPU abuse, miners, etc, etc...)

FIRST 100 ORDERS RECEIVE 1 FREE YEAR OF SERVICE!! HURRY AND ORDER NOW TO SECURE THIS UNBELIEVABLE ORDER! GoldValueCrossing is VB/LET/WHT's LARGEST and MOST POPULAR PROVIDER. Our plans go FASTER THAN ColoCrossing so don't wait, HURRY NOW!

LOL

Hxxx

There are so many companies to troll with, even worst than GVH , yet you choose that one. Epic LOL

MCH-Phil

Verified Provider
Make sure you post misleading offers topics. I love when people put all the stuff you get for the most expensive plan they have right next to the price for the lowest plan they offer.

SrsX

Banned

2U Rack Space

2 Amps

/27 IPv4

/64 IPv6

$15/month

TOS:

What's allowed:

Everything!!

FIRST 100 ORDERS RECEIVE 1 FREE YEAR OF SERVICE!! HURRY AND ORDER NOW TO SECURE THIS UNBELIEVABLE ORDER! GoldValueCrossing is VB/LET/WHT's LARGEST and MOST POPULAR PROVIDER. Our plans go FASTER THAN ColoCrossing so don't wait, HURRY NOW!

LOL
Fucking hell, that is too god damn expensive.

I want it for fucking $10/century.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'll buy a plan from anyone crazy enough to offer whacky specs.  Down side is, I'll probably go make an effort to use it.

GVH for all their failings, ahem youthful indiscretions, is the only provider I've tried who actually let my millions of rows of data dump import and index create in MySQL.... I think technically 100's of millions. They noticed it  as in server was probably chattering like chipmunks fighting over nuts in a can, but it actually completed and that VPS wasn't iced.  (Who else wants to take that test :) ?)

Tried a much small version on other CC companies in the past and they all failed and owners were mighty pissed.

I can knit pick at the uptime being poor this week in Buffalo... Been real bad, but honestly, I can't see most providers surviving the mass beatings GVH and their network must be taking.   Plus put attacks on top of that.

I give GVH a C+.  If they are totally CC/HVH unaffiliated (yeah right) I'd give them a B+.   Good for a screw around server, not production worthy.

GVH-Jon

Banned
We can do what we do because we have a team of 18 well paid staff. If you think what we do is easy, go ahead and try to do it.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
12 are American/British and 6 are Indian. The Indians are paying wages in which they can live comfortably with in India. =)
Of course.

FYI, you aren't bringing on certified RHEL workers. Last chat I had with someone going through all the ropes was that he'd be dumb to accept anything under $80k/year.

Now, you can try to play the "They're garnishing their own wages so the company can live the dream", which is possible, but not 8 of them.

Seriously, lets say you've got 20 nodes total (likely 10 but lets be generous). How in all that is pony are you needing a dedicated staff member to manage each of those?

We have well over 100+ nodes company wide and we have a tough time keeping 3 people fully occupied. While Fabozzi will claim that this is a bad thing, it really isn't. It means we have things running smooth 99%+ of the time and we're constantly improving our panel every time people bring up ideas.

If you hired on a support company that might have 18 people working through? Fine, say that.

Really, the biggest thing people want you to do is be humble and quit the act. You'd likely have a lot less people trying to burn down your house if you did that.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
We can do what we do because we have a team of 18 well paid staff. If you think what we do is easy, go ahead and try to do it.
If you have 18 people in any full participating capacity you are a good 14 over realistic needs.

We3Cares pays well?
He said he isn't using We3Cares in a PM (don't slap me for saying).  Nonetheless, prevailing good wage in India is VERY low by standards of the rest of us.   Employing them is exploitation and it is ignoring people all over your own country who would do the work, natively speak English, etc.   Frankly such a practice ought to be illegal (but I hate  regulations like the person).

Of course.

FYI, you aren't bringing on certified RHEL workers. Last chat I had with someone going through all the ropes was that he'd be dumb to accept anything under $80k/year.

Seriously, lets say you've got 20 nodes total (likely 10 but lets be generous). How in all that is pony are you needing a dedicated staff member to manage each of those?
RHEL workers = WHY?  Certified people to meet the job as posted on WHT cost a fortune, even at hourly consulting basis stepping on their own feet.   It's not GVH or any bargain VPS provider type of money.

Maybe he has a support person per node :)

Point everyone is missing here is GVH is being torpedoed from every direction.   Whoever is maintaining the servers is doing a fairly admirable job.  I mean, the servers actually have been online the majority of time since there offers hit.  Far below 99.9x% standard, but, way above what I see when other folks do these sorts of offers and end up with packet love.

Whole situation continues to be unbelievable though.  Must have tight integration with the uttership in Buffalo to deal with these issues.   I suspect even CC if you were a normal customer would tire of the attacks, horrid inbound and outbound traffic, big pipe saturation, etc.  That's why I still lean towards this being a CC/HVH inside track company and not just a normal server rental company.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
He said he isn't using We3Cares in a PM (don't slap me for saying). Nonetheless, prevailing good wage in India is VERY low by standards of the rest of us. Employing them is exploitation and it is ignoring people all over your own country who would do the work, natively speak English, etc. Frankly such a practice ought to be illegal (but I hate regulations like the person).
Are they direct or not?

Francisco

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
You should say we have a team of 1 underpaid staff (you) and 17 cheap outsourced staff.

Virtovo

Verified Provider

2U Rack Space

2 Amps

/27 IPv4

/64 IPv6

$15/month

TOS:

What's allowed:

Everything!!

LOL

Not enough IPs.  The overlords need to reach a million stashed come final /8.  You need to work harder!

amuck-landowner