amuck-landowner

LeaseWeb USA Acquires Ubiquity Hosting’s Parent Company Nobis Technology Group

QuadraNet_Adam

Verified Provider
Industry News: LeaseWeb has acquired Nobis Technology Group, which includes Ubiquity Hosting.

Congratulations to both parties!

Source:

http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/leaseweb-usa-acquires-ubiquity-hostings-parent-company-nobis-technology-group

https://www.leaseweb.com/press/releases/leaseweb-usa-acquires-nobis-technology-group

LeaseWeb USA Inc., one of the world's largest hosting brands, today announced it has acquired Nobis Technology Group, LLC, including its brand Ubiquity Hosting. Ubiquity Hosting operates seven data centers across the United States and provides dedicated and cloud server solutions to businesses worldwide. 

“Ubiquity Hosting is a powerfully complementary addition to the LeaseWeb USA portfolio of customer solutions,” said William Schrader, CEO of LeaseWeb USA. “Now with 10 data centers across the continental United States, we expanded our network of coverage, giving customers even more strategic access to LeaseWeb’s leading portfolio of solutions. The expanded capabilities of LeaseWeb and Ubiquity creates a unique and competitive value proposition for customers looking for the right cloud hosting solutions that save them time, money and stress. Additionally, with Ubiquity’s presence in the multiplayer gaming industry, LeaseWeb is bolstering its offerings to allow game publishers to deliver the best possible experience to their players.”

Current Ubiquity Hosting customers will continue to receive the same services at the same pricing. In the coming months, LeaseWeb will be integrating the two company’s systems so that all customers may order services from all the combined facilities. By year end, LeaseWeb USA plus Nobis Ubiquity will offer enterprise-level equipment, infrastructure redundancy and superior SLAs across all US-based facilities. “We are delighted to welcome the Ubiquity team to LeaseWeb to further strengthen our position in the USA,” Schrader said. 

“I am pleased with this opportunity we have of uniting Ubiquity and LeaseWeb because combined, our teams, our products and our infrastructure serve many market segments and complement what we have been striving for since we started in 2006,” said Clint Chapman, CEO and co-founder of Nobis. 

Eventually, Nobis customers will move to LeaseWeb’s portal, which offers remote management and gives customers full control no matter where they’re located.

LeaseWeb acquired hosting and cloud customers in the transaction. The terms of the transactions were not disclosed.

DH Capital, LLC, an investment banking firm serving companies in the Internet infrastructure, communications, and SaaS sectors, served as Nobis Technology Group’s exclusive financial advisor in connection with the transaction.

About LeaseWeb USA, Inc.

LeaseWeb USA Inc. was established in 2011, a separate and distinct operating entity providing services in the USA. We are a trusted partner to mid-market companies, helping them find the right solution to their critical cloud-hosted needs from our global, managed hybrid platforms. Our hosting runs on one of the world’s largest, most reliable networks, boasting 5.5 Tbps bandwidth capacity with 58 PoPs – including 13 in North America – and a historic uptime of 99.9999 percent. For more information, visit:www.leaseweb.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Two thoughts:

1. Leaseweb just acquired 1.7 million IPv6 and 0 IPv6 

2. Hopefully Leaseweb will clean up that cess pool known as Nobis whose IP ranges have been blocked in my firewalls for years because they have historically been one of the biggest sources of spam, spambots, attack bots, and other crap...

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Leaseweb just acquired 1.7 million IPv6 

323,649 of those IPs are currently blacklisted by Spamhaus including some very large blocks /15, 2 x /16,  /17, /18, /19, /20

https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/nobistech.net

The interesting thing will be seeing if Leaseweb starts requiring Ubiquity's customers to place a $1250 deposit (Leaseweb currently requires $1250 deposits from anyone with a China, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia address)  because Nobis' owner got rich selling servers to Chinese counterfeit and  spam gangs (see the Spamhaus SBLs ).  I wonder how many of Nobis' existing spammer and counterfeiter customers would be willing to fork over a deposit. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Definitely an interesting deal.  IPs had to be big piece of the deal.

Ubiquity was a decent shop as an end side nested user of their network.    

Like most, crap on their network though.

Lots of ASNs for them:

AS7203

Leaseweb USA, Inc.

us.gif

AS60781

LeaseWeb Netherlands B.V.

nl.gif

AS60626

LeaseWeb CDN B.V.

nl.gif

AS59253

Leaseweb Asia Pacific pte. ltd.

sg.gif

AS394380

Leaseweb USA, Inc.

us.gif

AS38930

LeaseWeb Network B.V.

nl.gif

AS30878

Leaseweb Deutschland GmbH

de.gif

AS30633

Leaseweb USA, Inc.

us.gif

AS28753

Leaseweb Deutschland GmbH

de.gif

AS16265

LeaseWeb Network B.V.

nl.gif

AS133752

Leaseweb Asia Pacific pte. ltd.

IPs Originated (v4): 1,790,464 Nobis/Ubiquity...  Seems terribly high.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Personally, I'm a big fan of Leaseweb.  So far my E3 with Ubiquity has been fairly well, I don't see any major alarm/issues regarding this.  However, I am interested in how this will work on in the long-run.  I guess no more of the Ubiquity's pricing then?  

OSTKCabal

Verified Provider
I never much liked Ubiquity. There were a lot of issues when I used them - extreme network congestion, constant packet loss, bad routing. Fairly bad support.

I am a huge fan of Leaseweb, so I'm hoping some improvements come down the pipeline - and I'm certainly hoping that they get the abusers taken care of.

Reactions: fm7

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yep finally got this email.

Welcome to LeaseWeb!

I’m excited to share with you the news that LeaseWeb USA has acquired Nobis Technology Group, including Ubiquity Hosting.

LeaseWeb and Ubiquity are a powerful combination. Once our systems are integrated, we will be able to offer access to 3 additional data centers, giving you even more options for connecting to our global, managed hybrid platforms. This will allow you to deliver an even better experience to your users, especially when married with LeaseWeb’s global reach, with offices in Asia, Amsterdam and Frankfurt.

Rest assured: Current Ubiquity Hosting customers will continue to receive the same services at the same pricing!

In the coming months, we will be integrating the two company’s systems so that all customers may order services from all the combined facilities. By year end, LeaseWeb USA plus Nobis will offer enterprise-level equipment, infrastructure redundancy and superior SLAs across all U.S.-based facilities.

Eventually, customers will migrate to LeaseWeb’s portal; it offers remote management and gives you full control of your services no matter where they’re located.

We’re thrilled to have joined forces with the LeaseWeb team and if you’re interested in learning more about our new possibilities together, please call 571-814-3777 or you can learn more here.

tldr: Still have an E3 with a /24.  I'm indifferent.  I like Leaseweb because my experience with them has always been great (they have their poo together). 

Reactions: fm7

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Ubiquity to LeaseWeb Transition Information

June 10th
On June 10th we will be migrating all Ubiquity customers to LeaseWeb systems in all data centers. Due to maintenance throughout the day, you will have read only access (no account changes can be made) to the customer portal and you may experience intermittent issues. We will be in contact with you prior to the migration and we will provide additional details.

You will be unable to place any orders on the Ubiquity website 48 hours before (12AM MST June 8th) the migration begins. If you are looking to place an order you can contact an Account Manager or visit our website.

We will be migrating all Ubiquity client information to LeaseWeb systems.

You will receive an email with your new login credentials around 4:30pm MST. 

*Please note that there will be a separate transition process for all cloud customers.

July 1st
Beginning on July 1st, you will be billed on the first of the month (pro rata) for all services. This may be different as you might have received your Nobis invoices throughout the month. 

Ubiquity to Leaseweb Integration FAQs

Info for Ubiquity Cloud customers:

Q. Will I be able to keep my current location?
A. Customers on legacy cloud platforms, OnApp (orders placed circa 2013) and SolusVM (orders placed circa 2014), will be provided equivalent cloud service in the LeaseWeb Washington D.C. location only. OpenStack (orders placed circa 2015-16) customers will be able to remain in the same location, but may eventually be moved as well at a later date.

Q. After migrating to LeaseWeb’s cloud platform, will I be able to retain the same IP(s)?
A. No.

FYI, Ubiquity Cloud is currently offering a $25 credit (promo code: 25BUCKS) so you might want to sign up now to get the credit because the credits will carry over to Leaseweb:

Q. Will my credit balance be moved over to my LeaseWeb account?

A. Yes.

kunnu

Verified Provider
I was contact ubiquity hosting for server but now feel good that I did not chose them because of I don't like owner ship changes but both are good company however I only don't like ownership change because of issue of price change, payment method change.

amuck-landowner