amuck-landowner

LET? The "Falling Out"

Mun

Never Forget
Long story short the ideology is that for the past year or so CC has owned LE*. Now many providers think that CC was using it as a jump point for some of there CC customers (cvps). As such many people have had a falling out with LE* as they see it as a biased forums. 

Many of those people have moved to here and created vpsboard, the CC hating club.

Mun

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'm very curious, I keep seeing posts about "the falling out" over at LET, Can someone let me know more.

Thanks,
Just two different websites with two different intentions. They were secretly ran for some time by a company that utilizes the lowend network of sites (LEB and LET) to promote companies that utilize their services, and you can't really blame them I guess. Makes sense to try to promote those who utilize your services more than others so they grow, in turn requiring more servers. But it's shady, and people don't like being lied to. And they have been comically bad at running things.

Actually when vpsBoard was created I wanted to NOT attract the typical lowendtalk user. I wanted to break the stupid cycle of $7 limits that cause more hosts to attempt to offer more for less and degrade their service quality or use cheaper upstreams to be able to compete. But then LET got hacked in May and people flooded here. Thankfully though, I think LET's more talented and capable members migrated here. Still some good folk over there, just heavily outnumbered by the riff-raff. Their forum is more active than vpsBoard right now, but we're on the up and up and growing. About six months old and just shy of 30,000 posts and 1,000 members. Not too shabby.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarland

The ocean is digital
Long story short the ideology is that for the past year or so CC has owned LE*. Now many providers think that CC was using it as a jump point for some of there CC customers (cvps). As such many people have had a falling out with LE* as they see it as a biased forums.

Many of those people have moved to here and created vpsboard, the CC hating club.

Mun
Last part isn't true. Curtis made this board because he thought WHT and LET both failed to capture a certain feel that he wanted to see. Someone just happened to use LET admin page to hype this site at the moment that shit hit the fan and for some reason there's a bunch of people who still have their panties in a wad about it. Meanwhile it's the only forum that won't ban a certain someone who is more interested in CC than others, and that too has the effect of causing widespread butt hurt.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Meanwhile it's the only forum that won't ban a certain someone who is more interested in CC than others, and that too has the effect of causing widespread butt hurt.
To be fair, Buffalooed, in my eyes, has done nothing ban worthy. Making posts with information regarding a company that is relevant to everyone's interest, in one way or another, shouldn't be silenced. Now, if he was making baseless claims or slandering anyone with no information or reasoning, then well, we'll talk bans.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
It's worth noting that a few of us left LE* before any of that CC drama came about.  The whole community was going to shit after LEA stepped out, and it quickly turned into a place where being associated hurt your reputation more than helped.  I could care less about CC owning/running a forum where "providers" beg for scraps.  It's a smart marketing move, even if it is insanely short-sighted.  My disgust is purely professional, based on interactions and horrible service as their client.

Mun

Never Forget
Last part isn't true. Curtis made this board because he thought WHT and LET both failed to capture a certain feel that he wanted to see. Someone just happened to use LET admin page to hype this site at the moment that shit hit the fan and for some reason there's a bunch of people who still have their panties in a wad about it. Meanwhile it's the only forum that won't ban a certain someone who is more interested in CC than others, and that too has the effect of causing widespread butt hurt.

I'm not stating it was formed and run under that ideology, I am just admitting that most people here if they see the word ColoCrossing see it less, or bad.

Frankly the hatred of CC on this forum is quite evident to me. 

Mun

jarland

The ocean is digital
No less evident on LET and WHT to me, but this is a smaller forum and you've already got it in your head that this place is special for its CC hatred, so you see what you want to see.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@Mun --- Sorry fellow.  We've been down the whole CC complaint thing a bit too much lately and frankly, there hasn't been any conversation about them other than the complaining.  I am beginning to think there is something more to the complaint that meets the eyes.  Just saying...

I've been nice lately to let everyone get to posting and rebound before I go on another bombing campaign.  Long term, I'll be bringing it for other providers who are equally up to shady stuff.  Oh yeah, I said it ;)  Get ready.

What is unique over here is I post my data exclusively about the daycare providers of doom.   I don't slather it all over the other sites.  Of course, some of it magically appears elsewhere from others cross posting it or boosting it as their own re-write.  So yeah, this place seems CC heavy.

Frankly, the other sites I see like this:

LET/LEB - children, tons of them.  Some smart folks and useful stuff.  Very hit or miss and tons of juvenile temper tantrums and never ending calls to BAN HIM, the meanie!  Providers bent over robbing themselves to pocket a $2 sale from a skid. Far too centered around the house brands and a few other mediocre hosting locations.  Yeah there are occasional good networks and providers.  Most are one week of allowance away from going out like a Summer Host.  Yeah and plenty lost in translation.  English please.  Hate the OCD Vanilla software.  Search blows.  Random bans of people that challenge the status quo or call CC what they are - liars.  Also heavy into denial of reality --- blaming negative reviews of house brands on some conspiracy.   Get over yourselves.

WHT - heavily moderated.   Love/hate sort of thing.  Very mature provider group that is active.  Definitely some great conversations, if you can find them.    Sea of never ending posts, lots of thread visibility issues.  Offers are machine gunned, relentless.  Deals are random.  A bit too centered around the same old data centers and many of the same providers.   I lurk the offers there.  I view the popular topics and that's about it or I'd get nothing done, ever.   Bans get dished out, most are deserving and well earned for shilling and pulling scams.

vpsBoard is my kind of place.   Not overly active.  Fairly intimate.  Small enough to matter while busy enough to still intake and learn.

I see, I never did get that into LET/LEB but I did like them, I must say so far I like vpsboard a LOT! although I think adding an offers section for dedis might be nice too :D

vpsBoard is my kind of place.   Not overly active.  Fairly intimate.  Small enough to matter while busy enough to still intake and learn.
Agreed!

fisle

I prefer vpsboard over LET/WHT because of the theme and good categorization.

WHT looks too old and has wayyy too much categories. Also too big to function well.

LET has interface that makes finding good content hard. I've got to admit I've never clicked categories there, because they seem unintuitive for me.

I like it here :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Thanks for the kind words everyone. All in all, I'm quite happy with vpsBoard too. I'm not concerned that they still have more activity at this time, I think quality over quantity is more important when it comes to content. Happy to be able to share this place with the talented folk here.

I don't think LET is going anywhere, but it'll certainly not be the same as it once was. Seems like the quality of content has diminished greatly.

amuck-landowner