amuck-landowner

Limestone Networks now offering Enterprise DDoS Protection $25/mo

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Damn DDoS services and the massive backhauling.

Unsure why the firms doing the actual filtering aren't expanding to other geographic markets.  Seems strange...

concerto49

Verified Provider
CN is in Portland :p

I think the point he's trying to make is that there's no advantage since it's backhauled from blacklotus. It isn't like they rolled out their own platform and it added a new player to the market.

Francisco
Spot on. At least backhaul from somewhere closer.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Damn DDoS services and the massive backhauling.

Unsure why the firms doing the actual filtering aren't expanding to other geographic markets.  Seems strange...
I'm assuming bandwidth costs.

CNServers was originally heading to the east coast but they got jerked around by nlayer.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
CNServers I take it isn't big enough to be expanding to multiple markets.

My gripe and observation is an obvious one.   Far west coast filtering is good for.... little.  Pretty much US Pacific and maybe Mountain.  Beyond there, gets silly with latency.

Not a big option pool for protection services.   The low end is totally CNServers or none in the US.   Even the $8-$1k market is pretty slim pickings.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
CNServers I take it isn't big enough to be expanding to multiple markets.

My gripe and observation is an obvious one.   Far west coast filtering is good for.... little.  Pretty much US Pacific and maybe Mountain.  Beyond there, gets silly with latency.

Not a big option pool for protection services.   The low end is totally CNServers or none in the US.   Even the $8-$1k market is pretty slim pickings.
CN has a decent setup but they got screwed on some bandwidth contracts with nlayer like I said.

Our NY location is going to cost 5x more than what we pay on the west coast.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
5X cost increase..... Well... it would be silly for me not to say, you have an installed base in Buffalo who knows of filtering in Vegas.... Bunch of those folks *should* be interested in filtering.

Have you pinged your Buffalo customer base yet?  I'd get a pre-reservation list going.

5X cost though is mighty big heap of bills for you. :(

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
5X cost increase..... Well... it would be silly for me not to say, you have an installed base in Buffalo who knows of filtering in Vegas.... Bunch of those folks *should* be interested in filtering.

Have you pinged your Buffalo customer base yet?  I'd get a pre-reservation list going.

5X cost though is mighty big heap of bills for you. :(
It's not a big deal.

Sure I'd love to break even the product within the first month but we fully expect to float it for a while.

We had a few users wanting large blocks but most of them were after deeper discounts.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Doh! BuyVM already discounts the hell out of things.   People are getting a little delusional don't you think :) ?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Doh! BuyVM already discounts the hell out of things.   People are getting a little delusional don't you think :) ?
They were all wanting it to resell so they wanted some more meat on the bone is all.

Back on topic :)

Francisco

amuck-landowner